chapter three

Chapter 3. End or Beginning?

I took a deep breath and shook my senses back into place. Cassia is so foolish for falling in love with someone like the deceitful and two-faced crown prince.

Why did Cassia have to develop feelings for someone like him? If she hadn't fallen for that guy, she wouldn't have ended up dead.

But wait. Why am I getting agitated and stressed out because of Cassia? If an avid reader of that novel hears me defending the main villainess and criticizing the male lead, I'll surely receive a lot of hate. Geez.

But honestly, why can't I stop thinking about Cassia? She's the main villainess in the novel. Is it because we both share a desire to be loved?

Tch. Yeah, whatever. That's all there is to it. I'm not like Cassia, who's foolish enough to choose a guy who shows little interest and acts cold towards me.

Seriously, who would insist on pursuing someone who openly expresses their disgust towards you?

You're not just foolish, but also a complete martyr.

Who in the world would want to be the laughingstock of the entire empire? No one, right?

I snapped back to reality when I heard a knock on the door. I turned towards it and saw Belle entering the room. I sat up from lying down and took a cross-legged position.

"Ari, uhm... Can you buy our dinner for tonight? I still haven't finished my thesis," Belle shyly asked, playing with her fingers. She's so cute.

It hasn't been long since Belle became my dorm mate. She's a sophomore who transferred to Benison University just this semester. So we've only been living together for about four months.

"Sure. I'll buy it," I replied. "Hmm... Then how about barbecue for dinner? I heard there's a new store just across the campus main gate."

I noticed her eyes sparkle when I mentioned barbecue. It seems like she likes the idea.

"Kol! Let's have barbecue for dinner. Waaah! I can't remember the last time I had barbecue, maybe it was the month before last."

"Then barbecue it is," I smiled as I got off my bed. I went to the cabinet to get some clothes. I'll change first. I pulled out my cream-colored crop top, denim shorts, and my black jacket. I also grabbed my black cap from my study table.

"Belle, please cook rice in the rice cooker so we can just eat when I come back, okay?" I shouted from the door, heading towards the bathroom. Belle went back to the living room to finish what she was doing.

"Got it!"

I entered the bathroom and changed my clothes. After I finished, I said goodbye to Belle, telling her that I'm going out to buy our dinner.

"Aria, make sure to get the fatty ones. I want the ones with fat. And the vinegar should be spicy!"

I was already at the door, but I still heard Belle shouting that. I couldn't help but laugh because it's the third time she mentioned it to me.

As I walked out of the dorm building, the sky had already turned a bright orange and red. I checked the time on my phone, and it was almost 6 PM.

I noticed that the students from the soccer and baseball teams were still on the field and track. They're probably still in training since the intramurals will be held in a month. Besides, curfew is at 8 PM, so it's still early.

I walked for about ten minutes before reaching the main gate. The campus is quite vast, and the dorms are a bit far from the main gate. I even passed by Uncle Holden, the guard on duty.