《11》

Once in a while, right in the
middle of an ordinary life.
Marriage gives us a Fairytale!
_______________________

Happy Reading!!!

Excuse My Mistakes!!!

Wedding Time

After the Gowri Puja, it was time for the wedding and everyone were in a hurry.

"Mythri, velli Annayya ki basikam kattu" Satyavati ordered her which she obliged while Deepti tied basikam to Shashi in relation of sister as the basikam (nuptial crown) should be tied only by sister.

(Mythri, go and tie basikam to your brother.)

Later a kajal dot on their cheeks to ward off the evil eye on them. For Bride it would be applied on left cheek as for Groom it would be applied on right cheek.

Soon Groom reached the Mandapam (Ironically we don't have the ritual of Kasi Yatra) and in the very same Puja things of Bride used for Gowri Puja now Groom will continue his share of Puja and he would be doing Puja to the Mangalsutram too.

Now the first Ritual is Kanyadanam

After Groom was done with doing the Puja needed, the bride was called to the Mandapam by the Pandit. Shashi came walking into the hall accompanied by her mother and relatives and carrying a coconut in her palms.

And Shashi was made to sit opposite to Vaishnav and a partition blocking one with the other's view as bride and groom shouldn't see each other.

Kanyadanam is the ritual in which the girl's family hands over her responsibility to the Groom.

As Pandit said, now the parents of Bride will wash the groom's feet. Bride's father will be washing his feet while Bride's mother will be showering water on his feet. This ritual is done as a gesture of respect as on the day of wedding the Groom will be considered as the "Lord Shree Vishnu" who has come to marry their daughter "Devi Lakshmi".

After washing the groom's feet, Bride's father will sprinkle some of the water on his head and then parani is applied to Groom's feet.

Next, the bride's hands will be placed upon those of Groom's by her father declaring that he's giving happily giving his daughter to the Groom.

The groom is made to chant "Dharmecha Arthecha Kamecha Mokshecha Naathi Charami" three times and assure the bride's father three times that he will remain her companion in joy and sorrow forever.

Panigranam

Panigranam means "holding hands" here, the groom holds the hands of bride in his and the chants goes as