《50》

A happy 50th chapter, here we reach the end of their story. They say FIRSTS ARE SPECIAL but this is my second draft and a very special one. Thank you one and thank you all for sparing your time in reading and sharing your views about my book. A very happy reading for the last time.
___________________________

Vaishnav reached hospital with a thumping heart. The family members were already present there except for his sister and her husband who happens to be the brother of his wife.

Their tear stained faces were conveying a lot of negative thoughts to him. He wanted to ask them about Shashi but he felt like he's gone dumb.

Before he could gain his vocals and ask about his wife's condition, he got a hard slap on his cheek. Everyone shocked seeing Kaushik and it all happened in a nick of second.

"Kaushik.." Parvathi warned him but he didn't look at anyone. His gaze was stuck on Vaishnav. When the family told them about the condition of Shashi, he blamed himself for giving Vaishnav a chance even after knowing what happened in his wedding.

"You... Neeku already cheppaanu Shashi ki emaina aithe daanni nitho undanivvanu ani ippudu idi enti mari?" Kaushik questioned him and he had no answer. It's his fault that thrice Shashi become a pawn in the game played by his foes.

(You... I already told you that if anything happens to Shashi then I won't let her live with you. Now what's this?)

Mythri was trying her best to control her husband but it's becoming hard with each passing second. Though the brothers always tease and irritate their sisters but in truth they are their daughters and it was same for Kaushik.

"Kaushik please intiki velli matladukundam hospital lo vaddu." Mythri whispered in his ears. He gave a you don't interfere look and went away. Everyone looked at Kaushik and then at Vaishnav. They don't know whom to support and oppose. All they want is the safety of their daughter but what about her smile?

(Kaushik please let us talk after going home, not in hospital.)

It's been two hours and none of the doctors came out. Tension increased with every second the clock ticks. All were stressed about Shashi and ironically no one noticed the blood dripping out of his arm.

Deepak who came there, saw the worried faces. Kaushik called him.

"Velli vadini treatment theesukomani cheppu." He yelled to none in particular. Vaishnav smiled inwardly though others were confused.

(Go and tell him to get treated first.)

Deepak looked at Vaishnav and cursed himself for coming at the wrong time. Both are stubborn and he was now sandwiched between them.

He looked at Vaishnav whose gaze is fixed at the OT. He lazily walked towards him who seemed far away from acknowledging his presence.

"Vaishnav please, doctor vachaka nenu chepta ippudu mathram padara bullet ekkuva time unte malli problem." Deepak literally begged him but the person didn't even look at him.

(Vaishnav please, when the doctors come I'll inform you now get your wound treated. If not the bullet will become another problem again.)

Mentally cursing his fate, he was about to ask him again but the doctors came out much to everyone's relief.

"Shashi ki ela undi?" Everyone asked in unison. But the doctor didn't reply anything and had a poker face.

(How is Shashi?)

"Patient's parents or husband?" Doctor asked them. Rajaram came forward.

"Nenu Patient father ni, ela undi thanaki?" Rajaram asked each word with a lot of difficulty.