CHAPTER-4

Published on- 08/07/22

VAHDEHI TIWARI

"Ok, that's it for today's lecture. Submit your assignments by Monday and I will provide you with the pdf notes soon" I announced moving out of the class with my teaching material.

I am an economics lecturer.

"Vahdehi, what's your plan for the weekend" my colleague Laksh asked as I went towards my table to take my things and leave for home.

"Nothing much just Netflix and chill" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Aa...I was wondering if you could come with me for lunch this Sunday" he asked scratching his neck.

Sorry boy

"Laksh my mom is also coming this weekend so I am afraid I can't come" I lied with a sorry look.

"Oh, it's completely fine, we can go some other time" his face fell but he left with a smile.

Yes, I lied because I like being alone more, sitting on the marine drive with my chai. Moreover, I know he likes me but I don't. So, I don't want to give him false hopes.

...

Here I am again at my favorite place enjoying my hot chai.

A few drops of rain are sprinkling but not enough to drench me.

The calming sound of waves is all I need.

I saw a little girl sitting on her father's shoulders and her mother clicking their photos.

I smiled remembering my father. He was the best father in the entire world. He was the one to save me from my mother's wrath because I was a naughty kid. Daddy's spoilt princess that's what my mother used to call me.

But everything changed after he left us when I was 10.

Ma worked really hard to make ends meet. Maybe Seeing her working this hard for our living is the reason which evolved me into a mature person before time.

Now, she lives with Nani in our hometown and running a play school. Whereas, I am working as a lecturer here.

Sometimes I wonder if I would ever be able to create a world for which I craved my entire life.

Will I ever be able to find someone whose company I will enjoy and get out of my mature shell?

I don't think God has made anyone for me.

"Hello, Ms. Neighbour".

NIRVAAN MALHOTRA

"Angel, take your medicines on time and don't trouble your Mumma ok?" I utter to my 6-year-old patient sitting beside her on the bed while holding her hand.

"Ok" she nodded

"Very good" I smiled pulling her cheek.

"I need to go now. I will come tomorrow, ok?" I stood up while her parents smiled warmly at me. I smiled back.

"Ok but come soon Mr. handsome doctor" she pouted not leaving my hand.

"Ok, Ms. Beautiful Angel" I replied slowly taking out my hand.

She blushed and looked down.

Her parents chuckled.

I smiled and shook my head moving out of the ward.

I placed my stuff neatly inside my locker and moved out of the hospital checking my phone.

I was driving back to my apartment when I saw people sitting across the stretch of the marine drive.