CHAPTER-12

Published on- 17/07/22

AUTHOR'S POV

"Come let me treat you with dinner today" Vaidehi said after they came back from the marine drive.

"You will make dinner for me?" he chuckled in amusement.

"Yes" she proudly stated disappearing into her apartment.

He just smiled and went behind her.

"Hey, do you want to watch a movie?" she shouted from the kitchen.

"Ok" he shrugged.

"Great! Then search for one till the time I am making dinner" she shouted again.

"Ok" he shook his head at her shouting because the kitchen is not that far.

After 15 mins she came with two plates and 1 bowl in her hand.

"Open it" she excitedly clapped her hands sliding the bowl towards him.

He slowly uncovered the lid.

And you guessed it right!

Maggie!

He smiled at her because he was right. What else can he expect?

"How's it?" she looked at his face after he took the first bite.

"The best Maggie I ever had in my life" he replied.

"Yeah, as if she boiled it in holy water" here ladies and gentlemen, welcome his subconscious.

"I know" she proudly dusted her invisible collar.

During the dinner, they chatted randomly. Most of the time it was Vaidehi making some stupid comment and then Nirvaan teasing her.

"You go wash your hands, I will put the dishes in the sink" she said after finishing their dinner.

He nodded and went towards the bathroom.

When she came back into the hall, she found a card lying on the floor.

She picked it up confused and then came to know that it was Nirvaan's id.

Then her eyes caught his d.o.b.

"His birthday is after 2 weeks? Why didn't he tell me?"

"What happened?" just then Nirvaan came back drying his hands in the towel.

"Umm...nothing your id card dropped" she returned back his card with a small smile.

"Oh...thank you" he took it and again placed it inside his pocket.

"So, which movie have you decided?" she asked excitedly.

"3 idiots" he grinned.

"Wow! My favorite movie. Wait let me get a comforter" she ran inside her room to get a comforter.

He smiled at her antics and converted the sofa into bed till the time she was getting the comforter.

The lights were dim, only the light from the TV was there.

More than the movie, they were busy feeling nervous due to their proximity. Because it's not every day you share the same comforter with the opposite gender.

He nervously placed his hand around her shoulder although his heart was beating vigorously. In reflex she nervously placed her head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, all their nervousness and awkwardness flew away and they were comfortable as if they know each other for ages.

They were laughing like mad people when the scene of Chatur's speech came.

Nirvaan was mimicking him which made Vaidehi laugh harder.

She was laughing holding her stomach when her phone started ringing.

She motioned Nirvaan to keep quiet.

"Hello ma"

"Hello baccha"

"Had your dinner?"

"Yes"

Just then Nirvaan coughed unintentionally.

"Nirvaan" Vaidehi whisper yelled at him.

He mouthed a sorry.

"Who's there?" her mother asked.

"Huh? No one. I was watching a movie na, so might be from that" she lied.

"Oh" her mother replied.

"Aacha ma I am tired. Will talk later ok?" she said not wanting to make her mother more suspicious.

"Ok. Bye" came her mother's reply.

"And say hello to Nirvaan from my side" her mother teased her giggling.

"Ma...h..how" she gulped on her words.

"Beta ma hun teri" her mother stated proudly and hung up.

She was just looking at the blank screen of the phone with wide eyes.

"What happened?" Nirvaan asked.

"Huh? Nothing" she replied coming out of her daze.

And they again resumed their movie.

No, she was not afraid of her mother, because she knew that her mother will always support her.

She was afraid of her own feelings because she didn't know if they are valid or not...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother India😏

Hope you all liked this chapter❤️.

Please do vote and comment❤️.

Love
Ivy❤️