chapter 6: stay with me..?

It had been about 2 days since everyone left. You and dabi really didn't talk much more then you needed, however when you did he always insisted that he could do everything himself.

It was about 7pm and you had just finished dinner. You've decided that tonight, you'll sit in the room with dabi while you eat. To be honest it's gotten a little lonely, and there's no reason you two can't at least eat together, right?

You finish making dinner and carry the food to dabis room. Dabi is sitting in hus bed playing with some cards. "I made dinner. Mind if I eat with you today?" You say while carrying in the food. "Yeah, that's fine." He said while picking up the cards and moving them off to the side. "I figured we could watch a movie or something." You tell him after you give him his food. "What movie?" "I don't know, what movie do you wanna watch" you asked while you go over and pull out his chair from his desk. "What about a/m?" He said while looking through Netflix on his computer. "Thats fine" you say with a smile.

The two of you watch the movie for about 2 hours in complete silence. "That was a good movie" you say after words. "Yeah It was.."
You take the plates to the kitchen, wishing dabi good night before heading off to bed with not much more said between you two.

The two of you started watching movies together for every meal for the next 3 days after. Breakfast dabi would choose The movue, lunch you would choose and dinner you two would decide on a movie together. The system worked so well that The two of you slowly started to talk more.

It had been 3 days since you two started watching movies together when things went a little different. You two had just finished another movie but after words your favorite movie pops up as a recommendation.

"Ooo can we watch that one tomorrow?" You ask while grabbing his plate. "Why don't we watch it now?" He says while giving you the plate. Your hands touch for a breif moment while you take the plate from him. You look at him for only a few seconds, however it feels like a life time.

"Y-yeah, let me take care of the plates, do you want any snacks?" You ask. "No,I'm okay. I'll load up the movie."

You walk out and drop the plates off in the kitchen, coming back with some popcorn for yourself. You go to take your seat in the chair and he shakes his head. "Sit up here, it's more comfortable." He say. You hessitate for a while and he laughs a tiny bit. "Don't worry I won't touch you." He says while scooting over so you can sit with him. You nod and get up on his bed and sit next to him.

You hit play but your not really focused on the movie. You sit there and think about him. You coulf feel the warmth radiate off of him along with the sweet smell of ash you love so much. You could hear his breathing, and his quiet chuckle when ever something funny happened in the movie. Your brain buzzes with the thought of the man next to you and before you know it the movies over.

"Y/n, the movies over" He says, snapping you from your thoughts. "Y-yeah. Sorry I must have zoned out.." you say while rubbing your head. You look over at him to see him watching you. "Yeah I know the feeling. " He mumbles slowly while the two of you gaze at each other with soft eyes.     

Slowly you feel dabis hand reach the side of your face, pulling you in for a soft kiss. The kiss was slow, as if the two of you were teens worried you'd get caught. His hand held the side of your face while he kissed you.

After only a few seconds you pull away quickly and move off his bed. "Y-y/n I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that.." He says quickly. You shake your head while your fingers more up to feel your lips. "I-.. yo-.. w-we.." you stutter out trying to make sense of what had just happened. "I'm sorry.. Please don't go.." He says while reaching to grab your hand. "W-what?" You look at him confused. "Stay with me.." He mumbles as his hand finally reaches yours.

You think about it for awhile but slowly nod. "O-okay.. b-but don't kiss me agian.." you say softly while slowly moving back to his bed. "I-i won't."he mumbles. The two of you lay and watch more movies together for a few hours, the awkward silence filling the room.

At around 1 am you slowly started to fall asleep. Dabis was to busy watching the movie to notice, and by time the movie was over you were passed out in his bed, hugging his pillow. Dabi looks down at you and smiles a bit, covering you up before he heads out to the couch to sleep.

Dabi layed on the couch and thought about the kiss earlier, replaying everything he did in his head. He start to realize slowly that he might have messed up his chances with you. "If I did mess them up.. why did she stay..?" He asks himself over and over agian. Drowning himself in his thoughts of you and the question of why you stayed, he drifted off to sleep.

You layed in his bed, wrapped up in the warm blankets, while hugging his pillow. While dabi was having a hard time getting you off his mind to sleep, You Dreamed of a life filled with him at your side. A life you were slowly starting to realize, you wanted to be true.

____________________________________________

Hey guys, so this chapter was kinda just thrown together, not to mention short. I promise I'll make more detailed chapters in the future. If yiu guys have any recommendations to help better my writing please tell me. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
Date writen: July 12th, 2022
Word count: 1045