Chapter 24

Roma clapped her hands slowly as she laughed lightly before speaking “oh god. What a beautiful reunion of a son and his mother” she wiped the non-existent tears dramatically.

Abigail walked towards Dylan and traced her finger on his jaw “you know Dylan I have always been in love with you. And I assure you this step brother-sister relationship will never come between us we will get married and live happy life after we get rid of some disgusting people” 

Abigail spoke and pecked Dylan’s cheek. Dylan’s nostrils flared in anger as he tried to control himself. Abigail then stood up and spoke

“Now time to die” 

 With that said Abigail took out her gun and pointed it at the head of the person. Everyone around the room froze looking at whom she was pointing the gun at. It was none other than

Kevin

Everyone looked shocked and at the same waited for Kevin’s reaction but to everyone’s utter confusion he was looking unfazed by it as if he knew this was going to happen. 

On the other hand Melisa closed her eyes as her tears flowed down her eyes falling on the marble floor. Indeed she also knew this was going to happen after all both the couple did this to keep hazel and Dylan safe.

Again an evil laugh bubbled from Abigail’s mouth as she enjoyed the condition everyone was in.

“Shocked? I see” she spoke and nodded as she looked at everyone’s expression.

“You all are going to die anyway so it’s no use of keeping the secret within me and mom. After all you all have the right to know before you take this secret to your graves.”

She turned and looked at her mom who was already looking at her “mom why don’t you do the honors to say the truth”

Her mom nodded and started to speak “so I and Kevin were best friends from college. I loved him but he didn’t reciprocated my feeling I didn’t wanted to destroy our friendship so I decided to bury my feelings but then this bitch Melisa came as a new student in our college and Kevin started loving her the day he saw her. He started spending more time with her rather than me. Our movie nights were destroyed because he has to go on dates with her. Our club pans were ditched because he wanted to spend nights with her and just day by day the feelings I buried scratched and I knew that I had to have Kevin by hook or by crook.”

 She completed the Para with a dry chuckle. The room was now dead silent. Nothing can be heard but just the deep heavy breathings of everyone there

“I tried everything. Every damn thing but nothing worked and finally the day I dreaded the most came. Kevin proposed Melisa in front of the whole college and she also accepted the proposal. I saw everything that day from afar and my insides burned knowing he couldn’t be mine.”