Riwayat- Epilogue

*****

*****

"Waise, ghar itna kyu sajah hai?"

Dilawar questioned with glistening curiosity. The two were still sitting in each other's hold, if not for Zaahira who had tried to walk away when Dilawar wouldn't stop teasing her.

"Ab jisse iqrar karna chahiye, uske alawa baki sabko bata do."

He had complained when she wouldn't budge but just blush and mutter something under her breath before throwing a glare his way and then snuggling into his chest.

He wasn't sure whether she was being shy or angry but whatever it was, it felt adorable in a way and he let the matter slide- for now.

"Humare nikah ke liye."

And just like that, Zaahira cursed herself for not framing the words properly when Dilawar's gaze turned hard as ice with a fire so bright burning in them that he looked ready to wreak the worst of havoc.

Before Zaahira could blink, she found herself sitting on her husband's lap while he kept glaring at her, more so maybe at the scenarios in his head even though the physical victim turned out to be his zojah.

"Kisse?"

She had opened her mouth to retort, to calm him down but he didn't let her, instead, kept speaking with determined threats.

"Rehne do, main pata laga lunga. Khuda kasam zojah, us bande ko toh main.." he cursed in audibly to himself before closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath. Dilawar shook his head to control the thumping rage in his blood and opened his eyes again only to find his zojah staring at him in amusement.

"Mazak lag raha hai tumhe yeh?"

He narrowed his eyes at her, tightening his hold around her waist, he pulled her closer and the surfacing smile on Zaahira's face was now lit, stretching from ear to ear.

"Awe, jealous, are you?"

She pinched his cheeks, loving how he huffed and silently threw her a warning look. Zaahira bit the insides of her cheek to stop the smile from surfacing and took his face in between her palms.

"Arey, humara nikah. You and me."

She pointed at him and then at herself.

Dilawar blinked a few times, feeling the stiffness in his shoulders disappear and as his mind processed the words, he cleared his throat and hummed in response.

Zaahira frowned at the reaction. Letting go off his face, she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Itna rukha sukha reaction kyu?"

And as soon as the words left her lips, her husband just shrugged and placed a kiss on her forehead. Zaahira tried to remain a little disappointed but upon feeling his lips on her forehead, she felt the slight twitch in them before he pulled away.