Bakht- Pt 2

*****

*****

"Uth ja meri behen!"

Ayaan barged in Zoya's room at 7 in the morning. The latter was of course snuggling to her comforter without any care of the world and had her face tucked all the way in. The noise did nothing to wake the sleepy head and Ayaan contemplated whether throwing a jug of water over her would be good enough or not.

"Zo, it's morning. See, the birds are chirping, the wind is singing-"

"And you're barking. Nikal yaha se."

Zoya triedly threw a pillow at him and pulled the comforter over herself, not ready to leave the confines of her bed now or later.

"Haw, yeh kaisa tareeka hai apne bade bhai se baat karne ka?"

Ayaan tried pulling the comforter away from her but she had wrapped it around herself like a cocoon. Frowning at how much power the stick held, he tried again but failed once more.

"Acha sun, do you do some secret workout or something? Roz main exercise karta hu aur muscles tu bana rahi hai?"

"Kya bakwas kar raha hai, Yaan. Ja na please."

"Chala jata if it wasn't necessary to wake you up."

Growling like an annoyed kitten, Zoya threw the comforter off herself and sat up straight. Her eyes pinned Ayaan with a glare so vicious that the latter cleared his throat and took a few steps back just in case.

"Kaun si aafat aa gayi hai?"

Ayaan shrugged and threw the apple in his hand at her.

"Abhi tak aayi nahi hai, lekin aa jayegi. Teri baraat."

"Huh?"

Zoya felt her sleep evaporating as she quickly sprang out of the bed and took hold of her phone that read the date set for the nikah.

Her nikah.

Astagfirullah!

"Ahh, pehle nahi utha sakta tha? Mama kaha hai?"

Zoya ran around like a headless chicken with her head in between her hands. A look of panic had marred her features as she kept biting the insides of her cheeks and then groaning and repeating the whole thing.

"Woah, too excited I guess."

Ayaan awkwardly patted her back in an attempt to provide her comfort but his twin just swatted his hand away and with narrowed eyes, threw him out of her room. Respectfully.

"Acha karne ka toh zamana hi nahi hai."

Grumbling to himself in annoyance, Ayaan gave a stink to the closed door and walked away, not really caring that it was his sister's wedding today.

Meanwhile Zoya threw her wardrobe upside down. None of belongings were packed nor did she make an effort to look at the jewelleries and the dress that she had bought. Heck, the girl didn't even realise it was her wedding day until she was informed.'