Bakht- Pt 5

*****

*****

"Bhai!"

The bubble had been broken and the two stood still for a while. Haider still hadn't let go of her. Every inch of his sane mind was screaming at him to back off but how could he, when she was now staring at him like he was the only thing that mattered.

His eyes found themselves etched onto her swollen lips that had been made love to not long ago. His thumb caressed her lower lip, making Zoya almost faint at the way her body was behaving.

"You might want to apply the lip balm again."

She blinked at his suggestion.

Hues of pink seemed to have become friends with her skin as he parted from her albeit reluctantly. Haider fisted his hands in restraint. The color on her skin just made her look like the creatures one talked about in myths.

"Bhai!"

Haider loved his sister every bit but at this moment, all he wanted to do was zone her out and continue what they had started, especially when Zoya stood in front of him, covered in the most enticing shades of red and a shy smile on her lips.

Clearing his throat, he took a deep breath and with every bit of patience, walked up to the door to unlock it in hopes of silencing his sister.

"Sameera, I don't think-"

He had only started when his sister's annoyed face scrunched to that of displeasure. Sameera looked over his shoulders and her lips thinned in a scowl. Haider subtly followed her gaze only to find his wife standing at the same spot but at this moment, she was adjusting her hair.

"Mama, ko walima ke baare mein baat karni hai. Aa jaye neeche."

The curt words were coated with every bit of distaste and Haider frowned, definitely not appreciating her tone and behaviour.

"We'll be there in a bit."

Sameera gave one last tight lipped smile to her brother and walked away from the scene, leaving him bewildered and confused as to what had gotten her so upset.

He stood by the door wondering when he felt a hand touch his shoulder. Looking behind him, he found his wife trying her best to look at him and nowhere else but was failing miserably. Biting back a smirk, he turned around to face her.

Zoya held her breath as he leaned closer. Her fingers clutched the ends of her dupatta as her eyes closed themselves but frowned when the needed touch never came.

Opening her eyes, she found his face inches away and a smirk rested on his lips like he knew what she was waiting for. The pink ignited her skin with fierceness when he whispered next to her ears.

"You're all mine tonight, jaan. No excuses."

*****

Samra had insisted on keeping the walima the very night. The invites had been sent and most of Haider's cousins and relatives were on their way, some had already arrived and the whole Razdani house was bustling with noises- none of which made Zoya feel comfortable.