28

namkyu

gym class flew by quickly and comfortably. i didn't worry much about the sports because i knew it'd be fine when i practiced with jihyun.

so here i was, getting ready to go out for cleaning duty since it was already lunch. i picked up the cleaning supplies and turned back to jihyun's direction, "hey jihyu-" i only stopped myself because i saw her sitting on one of the desks near niki. his friends were there as well...

i didn't want it to seem like i was stealing her away.

so i sighed and just turned around again, forcing myself to do it alone.

first, i picked up the bucket, then those garbage picker-upper sticks. tongs? i guess you could call them that.

making my way outside, i heard fast footsteps coming from the hallway that i would have to make a turn for.

i slowed down, but the footstep speed increased and before i knew it, someone took a swift turn. i made eye contact with them and it felt like time slowed down for a second.

after that long second... time went back to normal and he came ramming right into me.

the bucket and trash picker stick flew out of my hands as i fell right on my ass, while my upper body was a bit on the right. the thud was loud, i didn't even have enough time to react.

so there i was, on the floor with my eyes shut. it hurt a bit, but the only thing running through my head was, 'thank god that bucket was still empty.'

otherwise, trash would've flown everywhere, and it'd be my class duty all over again.

these thoughts were quickly interrupted once i remembered who it was that bumped into me, and who it was that i made eye contact with.

"holy shit what happe-" jay arrived, stopping once he saw us. he kind of looked like those race cars that drift to make a quick stop.

his eyes were widened as he looked at us, he quickly mouthed 'oh' and ran back to where he came from.

i didn't know why he did that, but i didn't pay too much attention to it because there was a big weight on my lower half that was bothering me.

i forced myself to sit up, having my hands on the floor behind me as i stared at my lower half. his head was laying on my stomach. it kind of looked like we were a 'cute' but extremely PDA couple, if that made sense.

he wasn't moving, and i knew he was conscious, so i was a bit confused. i totally forgot that he and jay weren't in the class when i stared at niki's friend group.

i guess i did a good job of getting him off my mind for the meantime, but of course something happens to make me remember him again.

actually, my heart was pounding, and blood rushed up my cheeks. even when i'm supposed to be mad, i just can't be.

my lips slowly opened as i was about to speak, but he said something that brought butterflies to my stomach.

especially because his lips were right there. well, technically his cheek was pressed against it, but i could still feel his lips move when he talked. i wondered if he could feel the squishiness of my belly— okay, let's stop.

"i'm actually glad this happened."

... he said it so quietly but i caught every word.

my face heated up even more, i just turned my head to the side in case he lifted his head to take a look at me.

he's just messing around.

he's just messing arou-

i stopped when i felt something wrap around my waist, it was like he was keeping me from going away.

why was he doing this?

why was he hugging me like that?

his face was even more nuzzled onto me now, i could feel him even through my thin shirt.

the hallways were empty, but anyone could come at any moment. we also haven't been here for long, but still. i couldn't risk anyone catching us in this position.

we were literally on the side of the hallway, out in the open!!!

why wouldn't he move?

i stared at him for a bit which only made my heart beat even faster...

something i hated the most about him, was how he made me feel. i felt like i could control my feelings until he came along.

why are you making it so hard for me to stop liking you?

i stared at him more and more until my eyes were relaxed on him. i stared at him as if he was a sculpture.

his hair was so soft, it seemed like it just dried after a long shower.

his nose was pointed and perfect. there was even a mole that complimented it.

and his eyelashes were so long, especially when he closed his eyes.

his skin was something i envied. so smooth and clear. has he ever even had a pimple his whole life?

oh, and his lips... his lips were nice.

that was something i found myself staring at the most. maybe because they were always so pink and moisturized.

i guess there was another reason as well.

nonetheless, he was perfect!

remind yourself, namkyu.

he's perfect, so why is it so hard to believe that he doesn't like you back?

why do you want something so unreachable?

"s-sunghoon." i muttered, gently grabbing his hand to unwrap his grasp on me, "stop..."

he finally lifted his head, but i was too focused on looking at the side so i didn't have to look into his eyes.

"let go." i pleaded quietly, weakly removing his hands away from me.

i didn't have to anymore because he finally got away from me himself, he was on his knees, kneeling in front of me.

since when did it hurt to look at him? and why couldn't i?

i brought my knees up to hug them, stuffing my face in them so i wouldn't have to stare at his stupid face again.

"don't do that to me... i mean it." my voice was getting a bit husky. it felt like i lost it.
then my eyes welled up just by remembering the fact that he was still in front of me, "go away please..." i don't even think he heard what i said because of how quiet i said that.

well, that was quickly answered because i heard him standing up. i heard his footsteps walking toward the bucket that rolled on the other side. he picked it up, not forgetting the garbage picker stick.

i wanted to turn my head to see what he was going to do with it, but i couldn't. so i waited until i couldn't hear anyone at all, and then he finally left.

that's what i wanted. i wanted him to leave me alone.

fake wants.

leaving is so easy for him, huh...

i wonder what would happen if he stayed.

i wonder what would happen if he stayed with me even after i figured out it was a dare.

i wondered a lot of things.

and all of the things i wondered, hurt me more.

"because they could've been real,

if 'us' wasn't fake."

.