48

the sounds of the car doors closing, and the key being removed out of it's slot was enough to open my eyes. the car light from the backseat was so bright it had me squinting.

my hand felt empty. there was no weight on it, nor was there any warmth. i looked around as if i was searching for something, or more like someone.

that's when the car door opened on my side, making me avert my attention to whoever opened it.

it was sunghoon. he held his hand out for me to hold it.

this wasn't something i should be scared about, but why was i?

i stared at his hand then up at him before quickly taking a hold of it with a tight grip. i could tell he winced, but it was so that he wouldn't get the chance to pull away.

stupid sunghoon. giving me some sort of trauma or whatever.

i rolled my eyes and looked away as i got out of the car.

"pfft." sunghoon stifled a laugh, "cute." he then muttered.

"what?"

"shh, let's go already." he said impatiently.

after i looked around, i realized that this place wasn't so familiar.

i thought we were at my house, but no.

this house was a lot bigger than mine, it looked newly built and modernized. my eyes slowly widened as i looked at the place.

i then turned to sunghoon, who was staring at me blankly as if he was waiting to hear what i had to say.

"where are we?" i asked, a bit worried.

he smiled before putting his hands in his pockets and walking ahead, "my house." he said casually, "come on."

i gulped nervously, hesitant to follow after him, "what are we doing here? i thought you were taking me home..?"

he began unlocking the door with the keys from his pocket. "well, your house is a lot farther from where we were." he paused, turning to look at me, "and plus, you've been falling asleep for the past hour. i think it's best if you sleep at my place. just tell your parents that you're here."

just as he finished his sentence, the door opened. i couldn't get a good look of what was inside because it was pitch black since the lights were all of.

he took a step inside which made all the lights turn on. high ceiling, marble floor, automatic lights...

how rich is this guy?!

i gulped, looking back and noticing their driver waving at us. i guess he was going home because it was late already.

after i slowly waved back, i looked back at sunghoon while i took a step inside.

"sorry for intruding..." i muttered quietly.

he stifled a laugh, "pftt, what's with that? you're acting so polite." he nudged me while his other hand went up to cover his mouth.

i just glared, "well, how else am i supposed to act? you brought me to your house without warning!" i whisper-shouted, "didn't even give me a chance to prepare."

he eventually calmed down and smiled at me before closing the door. i took off my ankle-high boots one by one before stopping out of shock.

i stared at my socks. this can't be real. out of all the day's... i decided to wear my stupid frog socks.

what i was scared of most, was his reaction. i couldn't even bring myself to turn and look at him.

snickers were to be heard from behind me, making my face turn red almost immediately.