45

i had an og plan w jungwon but changed it bc I JUST COULDNT MAKE IT WORK plus i like this better so im sorry in advanced if it dsnt make sense but dsjdskfjalkfj.

(ps. i forgot to add the warning for alc last chapt so here)
TW: mentions of alcohol!

namkyu

my speech was slurred, my body felt uncontrollable and my eyes were so droopy.

i started to regret the fact that i took a few shots, but jungwon was distracting me from that feeling of guilt. i was having fun right now, i shouldn't wanna ruin it for myself.

jungwon and i talked about a lot of things. he told me things i wouldn't have known about him before. but he was only telling me because he was drunk, right?

i knew that. even if my brain wasn't functioning normally, part of it was still sober.

asking him things when he's vulnerable might've been something i shouldn't have done.

but what else could i do?

i was curious...

"jungwon..?" i whispered his name quietly. we stopped talking for a bit because we were both tired, but i was dying to ask.

he hummed in response, turning his head and looking at me, trying to keep his eyes open.

"what happened to you and jiyoon?"

if only i could turn back time to never ask this question.

his eyes slightly widened at the question, it's as if the name alone triggered him. seconds later, he suddenly forced himself up before grabbing onto my hand, making me stand lazily as well.

he dragged me outside of the restaurant. i was giggling because i was clueless of where we were going, it was quite dark out as well.

"where are we going jungwon?? we can't just leave themmm." i whined, looking back.

suddenly, i felt my back get pushed onto a wall after taking a sharp turn. i didn't know if it was me being clumsy, or if he pushed me.

i stared at him, a bit scared and sobered up. or at least that's what i thought. we were at the side of the restaurant. it was so dark and there were barely any lights.

it was like an alley way, i didn't know if we were allowed here or not. actually, i was too out of it to know anything at all.

"you wanted to know, right?" his lips curved a smile, but his eyes stayed the same. i was confused, why did he have to take me out here to tell me?

"you wanted to know about me and your cousin, right?" he repeated the question, putting his arm on the wall as if he was pinning me there.

jungwon looked scary. he usually made me feel safe, but right now it was different.

i felt like wanting to run away.

before i could even answer, his eyes were glassy. his expression looked weak and he looked like he was going to break any second.

i wanted to know.

that's why i asked, right?

but if telling me meant that it'd hurt him like this, then i guess keeping it to himself would be best.

i felt bad, i felt bad for making him feel this way. maybe if i didn't ask, this wouldn't be happening right now.

all i did was keep my head down. looking at him hurt me too. it was silent but i didn't mind, it meant that i couldn't hear any sniffling. if he were to cry right now, i wouldn't know what to do.

after a few seconds, i could hear him removing his hand away from the wall before crouching down to the floor. i looked at him in pity before letting out a deep breath that i didn't know i was holding.

he stayed there, and so i slid down and crouched with him.

"i knew her from middle school." he spoke, not moving an inch as he said that. "and as we were about to get close, she left me."

i slowly tilted my head before using my soft voice to speak to him, "do you resent her for that..?"

he sighed before looking at me. he hesitated to answer but in the end he shook his head, "no... i don't." he muttered.

i let out a small smile, "don't let the past bother you, jungwon." i counselled him, looking down. "we should move on and live happily, don't you think?"

even though i thought i was giving advice to him, it actually felt like i was saying things that i wanted to tell myself.

i sighed and stood up, his eyes followed me as i did so. i held out my hand for him so that he could stand up as well.

when he accepted my hand, it felt really nice. it felt nice knowing that someone could easily hold my hand like that.

it was something i didn't even know i was wishing for. it may have felt like a casual thing, but for me,

it was special.

we stared at each other for a few long seconds. the tension was almost unbearable, i didn't know how much longer i could look at him like this.

all i was doing was staring into his eyes, but it felt so strange. even though i was aware that he was in front of me, my mind thought of other things.

we were both tipsy, heck— he was probably drunk, just good at controlling himself.

at least that's what i thought.

to whatever was going to happen after this,

i promised myself that i'd just blame it on the soju in the morning.

sunghoon had just finished up his business in the men's bathroom, taking a long look at himself in the mirror before exiting.

he sighed, remembering he'd have to see those two enjoying themselves again while he watched in misery. he remembered the state they were in so he knew he'd have to take her home soon, if he could.

but as he walked closer to their table, he realized something was missing. the two chairs next to his were empty.

with that, he immediately began looking around the restaurant in panic. he asked his friends where they went but all of them just realized they were missing as well.

jihyun made a comment that sort of fuelled something in sunghoon, saying something about them possibly "having fun" elsewhere.

"don't joke around like that." sunghoon glared at her. she giggles in response, hiccuping the next.

"relax, hoon." she replied. he sneered, not liking the way she said his name, "if you're so worried, you should do something" she smiled cheekily.

he stared at her for a few seconds. her eyes were droopy and he wanted to just die. "i would if you told me where they were." he murmured, looking at the door of the restaurant that they entered from.

walking towards the door, he opened it as bells chimed. he was quickly hit with the night time breeze which made him shudder slightly. he looked both ways and realized there were people smoking at the parking lot in front of him.

he ignored it since he knew namkyu and jungwon definitely don't do that type of stuff, so it couldn't have been them. then, he heard voices that didn't belong to the people in the parking lot, and so, he quickly followed where those voices were coming from.

he could hear giggling that belonged to someone familiar, but that laughter soon stopped for some reason. as he went closer with quick feet, the sight was revealed right when he took that turn.

without context, it was a situation anyone would misunderstand.

and unfortunately, that's what happened to sunghoon.