25

He wasn't fine the morning after that day either

He wasn't fine the morning after that day either. I went home earlier than I expected because I wanted to give him time to himself.

But even five days later, he didn't answer any of my messages or any of my calls. At first I thought it must've been something I said or did, but replaying everything from that day, I still don't understand what could have gotten him so upset.

I liked when he was in a good mood and it made me so nervous to think that I did or said something to hurt him. Because I knew I could be a lot but I would never want to hurt him, or anyone.

The last few days I had been thinking about how what I did wrong. I can't seem to figure it out. I've come to realize that I have to watch what I say because words can hurt people.

I should know. But at times I can't control what I say even though I really need to think before I talk.

If I was the cause of his sudden madness then I wanted to make it up to him. He was always buying me things and doing things for me so I wanted to repay him. I got him a little something with my own money, I had saved up.

It wasn't anything big or expensive but I hoped he'd like it. I added some pink flowers because flowers are the best gift. I also wrote him a little apology note because I felt that was the right thing to do, after I upset him.

Before showing up to his house, I decide to call Duke just in case he knew anything. After a few rings he finally picked up.

"What. I'm shitting." He says and I shake away the funny thought of him on the toilet.

"I was just wondering if Heath was home? Are you with him?" I ask, I hadn't gotten any insight on him since the last time I slept at his house.

"Oh that brat? Nah. Thalia, I'd love to stay and chat but I'm a little preoccupied at the moment. I just finished eating three chalupa's from Taco Bell, you know how it is." He says making me chuckle and I hear a groan come out from him.

Not wanting to interrupt any longer, I hang up the phone and decide to make my way out to his house. Sitting on the kitchen stool, dad doesn't miss me on my way out.

"Where are you headed?" He looks up from his phone.

"To a friends house." I admit and he nods after.

" Before you go, can you help me with something. This phone hasn't been working, no matter how hard I try." He holds up the new iPhone I'd gotten him for his birthday and holds it up to his eyeball.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I ask, literally confused out of my mind.

"Aren't I supposed to hold it up to my eye to unlock it?" He asks, looking up.

"That's not right at all." I shake my head and laugh at his cluelessness.

"Then why is it called eye phone?" He thinks and I face palm. He really needs to get out more.