Chapter 2: The bell test

Beta reading by nymphomaniac

Balance of Light and Dark: Chapter Two

Sara Pov

"START"

We all shot up into the air and in different directions. I took cover in a tree and peered between the leaves only to see Naruto standing there on his own.

No offense but, is he really that stupid?

"You and me Kakashi-sensei, right now. Fair and square! Let's go!" He shouted at the Jounin.

"You know, compared to the others," Kakashi began. "You're a bit... weird." Naruto frowned.

"Oh yeah?" He challenged. "The only thing weird around here is your haircut!" I held in a chuckle, I didn't want to give away my location.

Suddenly, Naruto charged towards Kakashi. The Jounin reached for his weapon's pouch which had Naruto skidding to a halt. He leaped back and watched. Kakashi shifted his gaze to the sky,

"Shinobi battle techniques part one: Taijutsu, the physical part." Announced Kakashi, he pulled out a small book from his pouch. A mischievous glint passed through his one visible eye. I looked closer and sweat-dropped once I read the title: Make Out Paradise.

I can't believe he still read that thing. Pervert.

"W-what?" Naruto gawked, his confusion apparent on his face.

"What are you waiting for?" Kakashi asked calmly. "Make your move already."

"But, I mean, uh, why are you reading that book now?" asked Naruto. He's really trying to lower their confidence isn't he.

"Why?" Kakashi echoed, his eye not leaving his book, "To find out what happens in the story of course! Don't worry about it though, with your weak attacks it doesn't matter if I'm reading or... whatever." Clenching his fist, Naruto growled in anger.

"I'm going to crush you Kakashi-sensei!" He yelled. He ran towards Kakashi ready to attack. Naruto threw a punch at the Jounin's face, the man blocked the punch with his palm. He then swung his knee at the man's head, Kakashi just ducked. His eye still never moved from pages of the book.

"Now you're mine!" Shouted Naruto, he threw another punch at Kakashi's head.

He's too slow, I'd better be ready soon.

Pausing-mid punch, Naruto looked around looking for the now nonexistent Kakashi.

"Don't let your enemy get behind you, baka." said Kakashi from directly behind the blonde boy. The boy jumped forward in surprise. Is that a tiger seal?

"Naruto!" A feminine voice called out. "Get out of there quick! He's going to destroy you!"

I frowned, I was sure he wouldn't do something like that, this is just training. He would really hurt him... would he?

"Too late! Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu!" Kakashi shouted and jabbed two of his fingers up Naruto's butt. "A thousand years of death!" The blonde shot forward through the trees, screaming the whole way.

Silence...

Really sensei?

A splash was heard as Naruto landed in the nearby river. Kakashi just continued fiddling with his perverted book seemingly not effected by what had happened.

Two Shruiken were thrown out from the water, they spun through the air and headed straight towards Kakashi-sensei. He casually caught them, and spun them around his fingers.