Where is she? (N)

POV Natasha

Ugh. This is gonna be a really long day. My head is hurting like hell. Maybe I drank a bit too much. I hope the kids at school don't notice. I need to hurry If I don't want to get late. I arrive in class just as the bel rings. Right on time. The students of the first group are getting in. Today I am giving them an assignment they can start in class and finish at home so I don't have to talk a lot. It isn't a hard one, so they just let me be and get started on their work. It is the same for every class.

Until now nobody said anything about my hangover.

My mentor class arrives. They're all getting in and take their seats. The last kid closes the door. Emma isn't here. "Everybody in?" I ask, a few kids nod "anybody who saw Emma today?" I ask pointing at her empty seat. They're all looking at me, but not a word is being said. One kid raises his hand, i nod my head to give him permission to speak "Emma isn't at school, they told us this morning that she'll be absent for the rest of the week" I worry.  What is she doing, where is she?

Should I feel so worried about a student? I let the kids start with their assignments and take a seat; "when the bell rings you can leave, if you're ready place your paper on my desk. If not, finish it before next class"

Lunchbreak. I don't feel like talking, nor like eating. So i stay in my classroom. I place my feet on my desk en lean back in my seat. I take out my phone and start scrolling on instagram. Becks is tagged in a few pictures of the poolparty yesterday. They are posted by that William guy. I scroll through the pictures. Fuck, I am in one of the pictures. I forgot to ask them not to post any pictures of me. It isn't a bad one, but I don't want students to find out where I hang after school.

I can't control myself , click on Williams profile and start scrolling through his pictures. I stop scrolling when a picture of Emma pops up. She is sitting on the side of the pool, water is running of her athletic body. She looks good. Should I even say that about a student? I hesitate and want to scroll again but instead i double tab the picture and liked the post "fuck". I gently throw my phone on my desk panicking. "What did I do now" I could kick myself.

I take back my phone "please, for once..." nopes, I liked her picture. In the mean time more pictures of her came online. I cant help myself and start looking at them. She is at a lot of parties and gatherings, but has this cool vibe going on. Like she doesn't want to express too much emotions.

There is knocking on the door. "Not hungry?" I look up, Monica is standing in the door opening. I nod my head "No not really" "are you OK?" She asks approaching me. I put my phone down. "Yeah, just made the mistake of going out on a school night yesterday and it got a bit late." She smiles at me "the partying type huh?" She gives me a wink as one of the corners of her mouth raise. "Normally i don't really party throughout the week... but my best friend insisted"

She keeps looking at me in joy. "It seems like you had fun" "maybe a bit too much fun" i reply "don't tell the students, they will enjoy me being miserable too much" she nods "for sure, they would make your life a living hell. They'd never forget. Our little secret" I smile at here. She is right, and I need to make sure this never happens again. The rest of the week is calm. And I don't attend any parties for a while. Just so I don't show up heaving a headache again.