𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

Hey friends 🫣 sorry for the delay, I had to update my other books, add them to your libraries btw :)

Check in? 🫡

Milan was upstate New York for the moment, visiting her parents for the day and was already ready to go back home

For starters, she only came because her mother, Marcy wouldn't stop pestering her to come down and visit her, saying that she was lonely.

Feeling bad, she decided to go visit her mom and dad and try to spend time with them since it has been a while.

But Lani directly told her mom to make sure her dad, Lenard knew she was coming so he wasn't blindsided by his daughter's sudden arrival.

Marcy told her over and over that it was fine, and that it was no problem, nothing for her to worry about as her father would be on his best behavior.

Hearing that, it appeased Lani a little and she packed an overnight bag before driving taking Kai's car and driving down there.

At first he wanted to just drive her down there himself but the drive was over an hour long and she didn't want him to commute that long just to drive straight back.

Milan had left this morning early, getting there around noon, one o clockish and everything was running smoothly at first, she got to see her mom again after many months and just catch up with her, tell her about her and Kai as well as other things going on with her life.

Again, things were running so smooth.

Til her father came home from work.

Instantly the happy atmosphere had changed, replaced by his dark energy once seeing his daughter stand before him, long weave in her hair, fake nails, fake eyelashes, just not the daughter he raised her to be.

The modest woman Lenard wanted his daughter to be.

You could tell by his body language he wasn't aware of her coming to the house, that and the first thing coming out of his mouth was asking his wife what was she doing there.

Lani stayed quiet while him and her mother talked in another room, her nerves already starting to get bad at the tension and how her father was acting.

When driving down she didn't know what to expect, she'd be lying if she didn't say a little part of her even hoped her dad would be happy to see her, since it's been so long.

Nor could she lie and say it didn't hurt to see him still act this way towards her, his own flesh and blood, his only daughter.

It was disappointing seeing him still act this way but not surprising.

Her mother Marcy, felt bad because she knew if she would've told Lenard about Milan coming he'd only throw a fit about it, and not come home purposely, she'd hoped that once he saw his daughter after so long he'd have a change of heart or at least try, but that was clear it wasn't going to happen.