𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

"Mahoor Sinan Durrani binte Sinan Ali Durrani, kya aapko aapka nikkah Altan Haider Mirza wald Adnan Rahman Mirza se sikkah rajjaul waqt mein 50 lakh meher mein, Qubool hain?"

She looked up and her eyes clashed with his. He had signed the nikah papers already and this was her turn to accept her unfortunate fate.

His sea green eyes shone with sparkles of ecstasy. She could see it. She could say that he was happy and here, her whole life was now on the cliff.

Her dreams, her hard work, her passion, her everything was about to be destroyed. She was about to be robbed of everything, she sweated for.

'Ms.Durrani, you have been finalized for Aira's role.

'Humari Mahoor, ab ek influencer se actress ban jayegi. Woh din durr nahi jab India ki top actress ban jayegi..'

'Ab sirf khushi ke din hai, Mahoor. Rone ke din gaye. Ab hum sirf phoolon ki tarah khilenge.'

Her hand clutched her dress firmly. The words of her loved ones, of her achievements, echoed in her ears, raising the pain in her chest.

Tears formed in her eyes. She looked at her sister, Seyran who was sitting beside her, who was equally devastated as her.

Mahoor shook her head but Seyran knew better that this situation wasn't in their hands. Only giving in was the single option they were left with.

"Kya yeh nikah aapko qubool hai?" The qazi repeated the question.

Mahoor looked at Altan through the curtain of the flowers, who didn't have a single expression on his face. His face was blank. He had accepted her as his wife now it was her turn to approve either with her own choice or by force.

And the latter was taking place in her life.

She looked him in the eye, her eyes glimmered with disdain as she spat out the next words, "Qubool nahi, hai."

The crowd went silent and Altan smirked.

He knew she was a rebellious diva, who would do anything to get away from him.

Altan wasn't burning in rage nor was he stunned. He was rather amused as he saw this coming.

The qazi repeated the question, "Kya aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

Controlling her anger, Mahoor curled her fingers into a fist, "Mujhe yeh nikah qubool nahi hai."

"Kya aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

"Yeh nikah meri marzi ke khilaf ho raha hai. Meri razamandi nahi hai iss mein!"

"Kya aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

Mahoor was exasperated with the question, it fueled her anger more as the Qazi kept repeating the question ignoring the facts.

"Aapko samajh nahi aa raha hai? Yaa aap ke palle nahi pad raha?" Her voice broke as she pointed her finger on Altan, "Yeh aadmi mujhse zabardasti nikah kar raha hai, kya.. kya aapka zameer ku..kuch rupyo ke liye bik gaya hai j..joh aap yeh shadi karwa rahe hai?"

The priest looked at Mahoor, his face was painted with grief and remorse  which truly emitted that this wasn't even in his power. He was also strained into this circumstance.

"Kya aa-aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?" The priest's voice broke and Mahoor couldn't help but choke a sob as well.

Altan was getting bored of this drama. He wanted to get rid of this wedding ceremony and retire it by getting back to the bed. He tilted his head and his dominant voice thundered in the haveli,"Tumhare paas koi dusra ikhtiyar nahi, siwaye yeh nikah qubool karne ke."

Mahoor wiped her fallen tears and raised her eyes and stared at her soon to be husband.

She had to give up or else Altan would shower the dead bodies of her loved ones.

"Qubool hai."

"Kya aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

"Qubool hai."

"Kya aapko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

Mahoor closed her eyes, released a breath of pain and accepted her cruel destiny, "Qubool hai."

Altan smirked at his new victory and got up from his gaddi. He walked through the curtain of the flowers which were keeping him and his now wife apart.

He knelt to his knees and held her hand. He kissed it softly and whispered,"Nikah Mubarak ho, Mahoor Altan Mirza."

Mahoor stared at Altan through her transparent red veil. Her eyes spoke nothing. They were void of any emotion. Her gaze fell on her henna cladded hand which was securely yet delicately held by him.

She looked back at him, with the thoughts prowling in her head her features darkened and she whispered, "Barbadi Mubarak ho, Altan Mirza.”