Chapter 3

This was such a bad idea.

Dad probably thinks that I am a coward and a crybaby. I could not blame him though, because I think so too. I always do things, which I regret after, I never think before I act. I think that I got this from my dad. He always had a bad temper, but he surprisingly never showed it to me. Yet.

"Matthias!" I heard my name from the direction I was running. It was Ms. Dona.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?" She asked worriedly searching for any damage on my body, but she did not find one.

I shook my head no.

"What happened then?" she asked leading me towards my study room with her hand on my back. As soon as we sat down, I wiped my tears and took few deep breaths to calm down.

"I lost my pen and I wanted to ask papa if he could give me a new one, but he didn't turn out to be in his office. Therefore, I went in and checked just in case. When I was very sure that he was not there I, decided to leave his office room, but then I saw pens on his desk and I decided to take it. When I lifted one of them, they were heavy do I put them back on their places but..." I paused already getting more frustrated with myself.

"It's okay dear, you can calm down and then continue what happened" Ms. Dona said patting my back. I could feel her warmness. This was one of the main reasons I liked her. She never rushed me to say everything at once but instead, she was patient. I was somewhat jealous of her. I was never patient. I like to rush things.

"My dad saw me grabbing his pen...and he said that people, who grab other's belongings without their permission, are considered as thieves. Am I a thief Ms. Dona?" I said looking up at her with tears in my eyes.

She smiled at me. "No Matthias, Of course you aren't. I am sure that you did not mean to take his pens without his permission, right?" I quickly nodded.

"That's right" I responded.

"I think that he knows that you didn't mean it in a bad way and I also think that he just wanted to teach you that stealing is not good okay?" I nodded once again

I did not know that I would be considered as a thief. Of course, I know what stealing is and of course, I know that it is bad, but I did not think that I would be the one stealing in that situation. I should definitely apologies to dad, but no... I do not want to be in front of those green cold eyes. Ever.

"Alright, I think you know what to do next" Ms. Dona said and I did not answer anything on that so she decided to clear up the mood.

"Okay then! You can ask me new words from the book you are reading, go bring your book." She said grabbing her glasses.

Oh no. I left my books in dad's office. How am I going to take those without meeting dad? I cannot tell Ms. Dona that I left my books there; she would force me to bring them back.

"I didn't have any new words so let's get straight to the lesson Ms. Dona," I said and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Matthias" I heard familiar deep voice coming from behind me. I did not want to turn around knowing exactly who it was, but dad never liked when someone was standing or sitting with their back towards him. I slowly looked back and then up, seeing the same green eyes. Then I looked down again and saw that he was holding my books in his one hand. I gulped.

"I want you to be in my office at 9pm" and that was all what he said. Placing the books on the nearest table, he turned around and left. I hurriedly looked at the clock and sighed in relief. 10hours. I still have ten hours before I meet him. That is a long time.

"Alright, since you don't have any new words to ask I will go straight to the lesson" Ms. Dona said and put on her glasses. Great.

Whom am I going to ask today's new words now?