Chapter 5

I hate lightning.

It is so loud and so powerful that it makes me shiver.

It has been a week since 'that' day with dad. We have not talked after that but next day when I woke up, I found that one shiny golden pen in my book. Dad must have put it there.

My room was in the corner of the house so here, It could be better to hear thunderstorm.

I am scared.

I did not even realize what I was doing but when I heard another lightning strike, I shot up from bed quickly going out from my room. The hallway was dark. House cleaners must have already left which means that it has passed 12 am. When they leave only dad's men stay here. However, they are always outside of the house.

If you do not know. My dad is in a mafia, which does not matter right now. I will tell you about it later.

I have two choices. First is to go back to my room and manage to fall asleep somehow. Second, go to my dad's room and get kicked out.

*Lightning Strike*

Definitely other choice.

I scurried through the hallway until I stopped in front of the door of my dad's bedroom.

I slightly knocked on it. It was silent. I was about to knock again but then another lightning strike was heard and I quickly opened the door shutting it behind me.

The room was big. There was a huge, HUGE window and you would definitely see the big moon if the dark clouds were not covering it.

Looking to my left I immediately saw large king sized bed and a sleeping figure in it. Dad.

Slowly walking towards the bed, I stood next to it.

"Papa" I whispered my voice slightly shaking. This is a bad idea. Yeah. Mission failed.

I was about to turn around but stopped when the lights were switched on and dad sit up. I could see him clearly now. Grey t-shirt and messy hair. His green eyes held surprised look before they changed back to their normal shape.

"Um I..."

"What are you doing here Matthias?" He asked but another lightning strike startled me and I am sure he got the answer already.

"I missed you so I wanted to see you. I will go now" I said and quickly turned around but before I could walk away I heard sheets moving, soon I was grabbed by arms and got laid in the bed, sheets covering me.

"Wha-"

"Sleep" He cut me off and turned the lights off laying back down in his bed. What just happened.

I stared at him with my wide eyes, as if he could see with his closed eyes he spoke in his sleepy, deep voice again.
"It's just a lightning Matthias, nothing is going to get you" He said and sighed softly, I mean sharply. I quickly closed my eyes. I wasn't that scared now that dad was here. He wouldn't let anything harm me. Right?

"I won't let anything hurt you" he then said and I smiled. I smiled so widely. That's right. Dad won't let anything or anyone hurt me.