Chapter 57

"My mother is buried here."

In the cold wind, Gu Suier heard this sentence.

She was shocked immediately, and looked at Xiao Heng beside her in disbelief.

Xiao Heng looked at the grave in silence.

Gu Suier did not dare to speak, and something came up in her mind.

For example, Xiao Heng once mentioned how his mother was, but he clearly called the eldest lady to be his mother.

In fact, she had some clues a long time ago, but she hadn't thought about it, and she didn't dare to think about it.

Many thoughts floated in her mind, but she said nothing.

At this time, the cold wind was rustling, and there were dead leaves falling on the half-person tall grass at the head of the grave. She couldn't bear it.

"Since it's the mother's tomb, should we clean up this weed grass?"

In their countryside, the tomb has such a tall grass, and it looks like an unattended tomb, which shows that either the children have been cut off, or the descendants are not filial.

Who knew Xiao Heng shook his head and said dumbly, "No need."

Gu Suier was puzzled, but couldn't say anything, so she knelt there with him, watching the burnt paper platinum ashes gradually turn from dark red to white gray, and finally completely followed the wind.

"My mother enjoyed all the glory and wealth when she was a child, but when she was old, she suffered all kinds of sufferings. She was bleak and destitute. She was dying and got only half a straw mat. Now she is gone, how can she care? These withered grasses on this grave."

Gu Suier was shocked. She did not expect Xiao Heng's mother to die so miserably.

In her heart, Xiao Heng has always been a noble and rich young master. The mother of such a person is not a regular wife like a big lady, but should also be living in a beautiful and rich country. How could she suffer such suffering.

And what she couldn't help thinking was that if Xiao Heng's mother suffered such suffering before her death, Xiao Heng remembered clearly, then he, when his mother died, what kind of life did he... ?

Xiao Heng turned his head stiffly and glanced at Gu Suier.

She gave birth to a pair of clear eyes, so that all her thoughts were reflected in those eyes.

At a glance, he knew what she was thinking.

"Before I was five years old, I followed my mother."

Perhaps because of the cold wind, his voice was vague and hoarse.

"At that time, the life was very bitter. My mother suffered a lot of sins and raised me. Then she died of illness, and my father finally found me."

Gu Suier looked at him with wide eyes, but her heart gradually calmed down.

She knelt beside her quietly, listening to him talking about the previous things in front of his mother's grave.

She always thought that she was from a humble background and that Xiao Heng was not able to understand her life since she was a child. She always felt that Xiao Heng was superior.

But today I heard him talk about it when he was a child, and it turns out that he was so suffering when he was a child.

"...Except for me, no one knows where my mother was buried. My uncle, my father, they don't know." Xiao Heng held Xiao Achen with one hand and held a dead branch with the other. Gently fiddle with the burnt offerings: "At this time of year, I will come to my mother's grave, so that no one of them will know."