Chapter 2

12 years old

In two days is my 12th name day when I finally get my strength and speed. I have been training and I'm pretty good with a sword not as good as Ser Barriston or Jamie but way better than OG. I have over 3 million gold coins saved up to be sent to Bravos to start a personal bank account. I still regularly visit the city and help where I can. I have also started two new orphanages that I fund and I have my own spy network across all seven kingdoms.

I also have started meeting all my bastard siblings. I now look like a true Baratheon. My closest friend is Gendry who just happens to be my bastard brother. People often think us twins because of our similarities. I have convinced Father to allow Gendry to live in the red keep right next to my room and he has started training with me. Due to this Mother has distanced herself from me, not that I care.

When I turned 10 I started attending council meetings regularly and Jon Arryn has taken me under his wing. I often help him with his duties as hand. Father is throwing me a tourney to celebrate my name day. After days of begging Father has agreed to allow Brienne of Tarth to participate. I personally sent both her father and her an invitation to participate. I received a reply just two days after mine were sent.

Currently I'm in my office, yes I have an office. I had it built for my 11th name day. It has a connecting office for Lord Stark and eventually Sansa. Yes, I am a big planner. Gendry and Uncle Tyrion are sitting across the room at the table, Tyrion is teaching him how to read and write. I am currently writing a letter to Sansa for the first time.

Lady Sansa,

As the crown prince it is my duty to find a wife worthy of being Queen. Tales of your beauty have reached my ears all the way in the capital. My Father has expressed his desire to unite our two houses and I cannot help but also desire this as well.

Though our paths may not cross yet I hope that perhaps through letters you may allow me the chance to get to know you. The gift I have sent with with this letter only holds a fraction of your beauty if rumors are to be believed, I do hope it is to your liking. I await the day you deem me worthy of your reply,

Your Prince,
Joffrey of House Baratheon

"My Prince, I'm sorry for interrupting but Lord Tarth and his daughter have arrived," Trenton Lannister my squire says walking into my office

"Has the lunch I asked for been set in my chambers?" I ask standing after sealing my letter.

"Yes, my Prince," he replies.

"Good, send this letter to Sansa Stark of Winterfell. Here's 10 gold coins I want it sent with this gift directly to her hands," I say handing him the coins before walking out the door.

I reach the courtyard outside of the red keep just as Lord Tarth and Brienne ride in on horses. As soon as they dismount I head to greet them.

"Lord Tarth! Lady Brienne! It brings me great pleasure to finally meet you," I say shaking their hands with a big smile. I can't believe I'm meeting Brienne!! Totally fangirling on the inside.

"Prince Joffrey, it's an honor to be personally invited to your name day," Lord Tarth says in his deep voice. Brienne gives me an awkward smile but I don't mind.

"Yes, well after hearing Uncle Renly go on about Lady Brienne's mastery of a sword I could not wait to see her in action," I say looking up and giving Brienne another smile. Her face goes red and he Father gives her a proud look. "I know you had a long journey, I went ahead and had lunch set up in my chambers and would love if the two of you would join me," I say.

The three of us are currently enjoying a quite lunch while I keep sneaking glances at Brienne without her noticing.

"My Prince, will you be participating in the tourney?" Lord Tarth asks.

"Yes, in archery and melee," I reply. "Actually I was going to invite Brienne to the training grounds tomorrow morning as practice for the melee," I say looking at Brienne. Her eyes go wide, I know she isn't used to people treating her like a warrior but that's what she is.

"I would be honored," she says strongly and I can see the determination in her eyes.

——————————————————————-
14 years old

The time has finally come! The story plot of the show starts tomorrow when we set off North heading for Winterfell. Jon Arryn is dead. I thought of stopping it but it would have thrown everything I have planned apart so sadly I had to let him die. I did however have spies watching Little Finger and I have plenty of proof to take him down not only for Jon's death but also for embezzling money from the crown.

Gendry and Brienne are currently carrying my chest of clothes down to the courtyard while I'm grabbing the presents for Sansa. Brienne ended up winning my 12th name day tourney but Father refused to knight her because she is a woman. She now works as my personal bodyguard along with Sandor Clegane, after promising her knighthood when I take the throne.

Myrcella is now 10 and Tommen is 7. My cousins Douglas and Dromen are 9 after them came Shireen age 6 then Branton age 4 and last Bryant age 2. Stannis has plenty of kids this time around and I hope that will help when the red witch decides to show up.

Gifts