Chapter 42

"I really can't believe it... The Grand Master is the only son of the Demon King Vuglonith..." the young princess whispered, a look of shock on her face.

"Everything makes sense now. He seeks revenge for his father and is trying to accomplish what the latter couldn't," Lucas concluded.

"Exactly," Arminel affirmed.

"What scum! He's going to pay for everything he's done to us all these years!" Arthur growled angrily.

"Don't rush, Your Majesty. There is also something else you need to know. Borislav is looking for the legendary sword of Koraxos Alphelos, Lucas' grandfather," Arminel announced with a very serious expression on his face.

"But that sword completely disappeared after the great war against Vuglonith!" exclaimed Angus in confusion.

"She didn't disappear. She has been hidden," Arthur corrected.

"Where?" Edgar asked.

"I have no idea... As you know, Lucas' parents were the ones who helped me the most to kill Vuglonith. They had very strong powers that allowed to beat him. So, they recited an incantation that allowed them to release these powers completely. But it had a price, which was none other than their lives. After reciting the incantation, their powers were absorbed by the sword while they evaporated like thin light into the air," Arthur explained.

"Oh my god," the girl exclaimed, putting her hands on her parted lips.

"Once I pierced Vuglonith's heart with the sword and killed him, the sword also evaporated just like them," he continued.

"But if, as you say, the sword evaporated, why do you think it was hidden? It may well be that it just disappeared," Edgar asked, very confused.

"The sword still exists. If the Grand Master is dying to try and find it, he knows for sure that it exists. And we need to find it as soon as possible," explained the former captain of the Imperial Army.

"Okay. But where exactly should we start looking?" Angus asked.

"About that, I have no idea. I'm still researching books. I might find something there," Arminel muttered.

"Neldor Forest is a good place to hide something like that since it's a magical place," Edgar suggested.

"The sword isn't there," the young girl retorted, taking everyone by surprise.

"What do you mean, Luana? Do you suspect a certain place?" asked the emperor.

"After the expedition of the Imperial Knights to Yvane, I had a dream where I was with Lucas in a kind of abandoned and practically destroyed palace. I had this dream several times in a row. This may be a indication of where the sword is," she replied.

"The palace of the Alphelos... Of course..." whispered Arminel.

"What did you say, Hector?" asked Arthur, very confused.

"The sword is in the palace of the Alphelos, Your Majesty! I'm sure of that! Luana has just enlightened us!" he replied hastily.

"But their palace is at the other side of the empire. It's a very long way from here," Angus added.

"We don't really have a choice. We have to go there and bring back the sword. It's our only way to defeat Borislav," Arthur replied.

"We will go there, me and Luana, then. Since in her dream, she saw me, I must surely go there. Besides, this sword belonged to my family. It's very possible that to find it, I have to be there," Lucas suggested.

After a short moment of thinking, Arthur let out a long sigh before nodding his head affirmatively.

"Very well. I entrust you with this mission then," he declared, smiling.