Chapter 1 - More Hell in the Cafeteria

The school cafeteria was alive with a dull roar of conversations. Tucked away in the back corner sat three unpopular freshmen. The trio was hoping to make it through lunch without attracting unwanted attention from Parkview Highschool's many bullies. If the first couple weeks of school were any indication, that was very unlikely. 

"Do you want to try out for the swim team?", asked Brayden. Owen choked on his sandwich, drawing a puzzled stare from his friends. The skinny nerd looked panicked as he adjusted his Glasses. "you ok?", asked Aiden. Owen nodded. "wait, you really mean swimming?", questioned Owen. "Of course! what the heck did you think I meant?", retorted Brayden. " My older brother says that before he gives me swirlies", Owen sheepishly admitted. Brayden and Aiden giggled a little at Their friend's explanation. "sorry, but that's pretty creative", laughed Aiden.

"It's a sports team at this school, it will probably end up being both meanings", Joked Owen. 

"it's the swim team, not the football team, it will be ok", said Brayden. 

"Tell that to the running club that gave me a hanging wedgie on the fence yesterday", added Aiden, "all jocks are the same".

Brayden argued, "maybe getting on a sports team will help our social status! maybe this is what we need to stop getting picked on daily!" 

"But, why swimming?", asked Aiden. 

"I used to be on the team at my old school last year. It was fun. besides, I don't think we have much chance of making the football or basketball teams," joked Brayden. "just try out. if you don't like it, you can quit '', pleaded Brayden.

"I'm out!" replied Owen, " practices are after school, and I have to watch my little sister".

"You mean locked in a locker most days after school? " teased Brayden. Owen just responded with a dirty look. 

"Come on Aiden, it will be fun!", begged Brayden. 

Aiden hesitantly replied, "I know I will probably regret this, but okay".

Brayden saw two of the school's bullies approaching behind Aiden and Owen, carrying two of the cafeterias' large plastic garbage pails. Before he could warn his friends, everything went dark as something slid over his head, arms and upper body. The smell of rotting food, and nasty liquids running down his body confirmed that a third garbage can was dropped over his head. The three nerds struggled to escape their smelly prisons as the room filled with laughter and insults from the student body. Many kids took the opportunity to take video and pictures. The boys recognized the voice of the schools worst bully, Troy Mason, as he mocked, "always put the garbage in its place, kids". 

As he struggled to free himself, he couldn't help but think that this wasn't even the worst part. The walk of shame through the cafeteria after was going to be even more humiliating. Atleast now he couldn't see all the faces of the kids that were pointing and laughing at his situation.