6

*(Y/n)'s POV*

When we arrived back at the R.L.S Legacy, we turned off the engines and grabbed the ropes to hook them through the rings. Dad and Jim were pulling on the rope to put the solar boat back in place. I was sitting on the side, watching them compete with each other with Morph on my shoulder.

I caught Dad sitting down suddenly, and I grabbed onto the rope before the boat tipped on his side. When it did, Jim appeared around me, placing his hand on my lower back, and I started to blush. "Whoa, you having a little trouble there, (Y/n)?" He asked with a teasing smile.

(*A/n moment: the way Jim says that line in the movie made me swoooooooon~*)

"Don't get too close to her." Dad eyed him in a teasing way. We couldn't stop giggling, and they continued to pull on the rope. "Oh, Jimbo. If I could maneuver a skiff like that when I was your age, they'd be bowing in the streets when I walked by today." Dad made sure the rope was secured through the ring once I handed it back to him.

"Bowing in the streets!" Morph chittered. The little blob transformed into a mini version of my Dad and mimicked him slouching back down on the boat.

"I don't know," Jim said, grunting as he pulled on the rope. I sat down next to Dad while watching Jim do his part. He tied the rope through the ring and gave it a tight snug. "They weren't exactly singing my praises when I left home."

He sat down and motioned me over to sit beside him. I felt him place his arm around my shoulder and I leaned against him.

I was in way too deep.

"Heh, whew..." Dad sighed, placing a towel over his head as Morph mimicked a tiny, "Whew."

"But I'm gonna change all that." Jim said, smiling at me and Dad.

"Are you now?" Dad asked, petting Morph with the cybernetic digit.

"How are you going to do that?" I asked him.

"Uh..." He chuckled, "I got some plans." He laid back and leaned his head against mine. "Gonna make people see me a little different."

I winced, and looked at Dad for help. I mouthed the words, "What are we going to do?"

Dad put a finger to his lips to shush me, and I nodded. Jim's eyes had closed for a moment. "Sometimes...plans go astray." Dad said after a moment of thinking what to say next.

"Not this time." Jim said with a smile on his face.

"Hmm..." Dad lifted his cybernetic leg on the seat and started to sigh. Morph already knew what he needed, and transformed into a wrench. "Oh, thank you, Morphy."

Jim frowned and looked at him, "So, how did that happen anyway?"

"You give up a few things chasing a dream." Dad said, and his face fell. Dad looked at me with a smile. "Then, along the way, plans change."

"Was it worth it?" Jim asked.

Dad came in between us, and wrapped his arms around us. "I'm hoping it is, Jimbo. I most surely am." He placed his hat over his face and decided to take a nap, but I wasn't sure what he meant by change of plans.

Did Dad mean me?

"Hey, Dad?" Before I could ask Dad a question, we were jolted forward by a disturbance. Morph squealed, and hit against a pole. He splattered to bits, and formed back to his original form.

We decided to go check up above deck. "What the devil...?" Dad grumbled.

"Good heavens." Dr. Doppler said, and pulled out a telescope. "The star Pelusa, it's gone supernova!"