13

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Do you know what's strange?" B.E.N asked as Jim climbed aboard the ship. "I can't tell you how frustrating this is, you two." Jim leaned over the ship to grab both my hands and helped me up. "Because there's just something just..." Once I was on board, we turned to help B.E.N over and he just kept talking. "It's nagging at the back of my mind."

Jim and I turned around, dropping B.E.N suddenly who screamed.

"Captain Flint?" Jim and I said together.

"In the flesh!" B.E.N stood back up, his eyes popping out of his circuit and back in place. "Well, sort of, except for skin, organs, or anything that, that...That resembles flesh, that's not there."

We walked over to what was once Captain Flint, and he sat at his throne with a pile of treasure underneath. "And yet it's so odd, you know?" B.E.N continued to ramble. "I remember there was something horrible Flint didn't want anyone else to know, but I just can't remember what it was."

Jim and I exchanged looks after we saw what was in Captain Flint's hand. I decided to rip it out of his bones while B.E.N wiped a hand to his forehead. He was being dramatic, of course, as he looked like he was about to faint. "Oh, a mind is a terrible thing to lose!" He sighed, as he continued to babble.

I looked over to the missing part that actually was a missing piece of B.E.N's puzzle. "B.E.N," I said while Jim smiled. "I think we just found your mind. Hold still, and don't talk." B.E.N let out a yelp as I held his head in place.

"(Y/n), your hands are very, very cold. I mean, while your personality has always been cold, your hands are just even colder!" He exclaimed.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that." I glared at him as I fit the piece at the back of his head.

He started to reboot, and then he turned to face us. "Whoa!" He exclaimed, and then he turned back to normal. His eyes are now blue. "Hello. You know, you two, I was just thinking..." We couldn't help but smile as he was a whole different robot now. "It's all flooding back! All my memories! Right up until Flint pulled my memory circuits, so I could never tell anybody about his BOOBY TRAP!" B.E.N shouted and that left us speechless. We heard something clutter in the distance, and explode, and we looked up worriedly. "Speaking of which...Flint wanted to make sure that nobody could ever steal his treasure, so he rigged this whole planet to blow higher than a Kalepsian kite!" B.E.N quickly said, as we heard another explosion go off. I threw my arms over my head to protect myself.

A laser went off and started to pierce through the treasure. The crewmates were running for their lives, screaming their heads off.

"Run, you two!" B.E.N grabbed my arm and we stayed put. "Run for your lives!"

"You and (Y/n) go back and help the captain and Doc!" Jim ordered. "If I'm not there in 5 minutes, leave without me!"

"What?!" I cried out, turning to face him. "No, I'm not leaving without you!" Morph was chittering nervously on my shoulder. "We're not leaving without you. All my life I dreamt of an adventure! And you just so happened to be a part of it!"

"I'm not here to argue with you right now, (Y/n)!" Jim glared at me. "You get back to safety, I'll be right behind you!"

He dove for the control panel of the ship and started getting to work.

"(Y/n)'s right!" B.E.N cried out as the wall nearby exploded. I yelped from the explosion. "I am not leaving my buddy Jimmy." He finally pulled Jim out from underneath, and Jim glared at B.E.N while holding two wires in his hands. "Unless he looks at me like that...Bye, Jim!"