10

*Jim's POV*

The sun started to set as we finally reached B.E.N's home. "Pardon the mess, people." B.E.N said nervously as he tried to clean up a little. "You'd think in a 100 years I would've dusted a little more often, but, you know, when you're batchin' it-," He tossed aside the checker board aside. "-you tend to let things go."

I was too busy noticing the markings on the wall with Morph when he doted on Dr. Doppler and Captain Amelia.

"Aw...Isn't that sweet." He complimented. "I find old-fashioned romance so touching, don't you, Jimmy?"

"Jim." I said, my eyes glued to the markings.

"Well, I'll tell you what." B.E.N said. "When you and that crazy girl get back together, you're gonna understand!" I whirled my head around and glared at him to get him to shut up. This is what I get for blabbing to myself in the forest. Dr. Doppler set Captain Amelia down to have her rest. "How about drinks for the happy couple?"

Dr. Doppler looked at the wrench in the pot and green bubbles were oozing out of the other. "Oh, uh...ooh..." He said, thinking twice. "Uh, no. Thank you, we don't drink." He took off his jacket. "And uh...We're not a couple." Captain Amelia just smiled at him and he cleared his throat. "Look at these markings. They're identical to the ones on the map. I suspect these are the hieroglyphic remnants of an ancient culture."

"Mr. Hawkins?" Captain Amelia called out to me with a wince. Dr. Doppler crouched to her and folded up his jacket into a pillow. "Stop anyone who tries to approach. Oh-" She grunted, and leaned back against a dome.

"Yes, yes." He said, leaning her back gently. "Now, listen to me, stop giving orders for a few milliseconds and lie still."

"Very forceful, Doctor. Go on, say something else."

"Hey, look!" B.E.N shouted, happily, and I turned to see him standing on the rim of the doorway. "There's some more of your buddies. Isn't that your girlfriend out there? What did you say her name was? (Y/n)!" He shouted, and I gritted my teeth. "Hey, fellas, we're over here, fellas!"

The pirate crew aimed their pistols at B.E.N and started firing.

"Get down!" I grabbed B.E.N and pulled him down. I got back up to fire back at them.

"Stop wastin' your fire!" Mr. Silver shouted.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

*Prior to B.E.N's hideout*

After the stunt I had pulled on the ship, Dad acted like he was well, my Dad again.

"Are you all right, lass?" Dad asked me as we followed the pirate crew to the hideout. Someone had told us where Jim's ship landed, and I was worried sick when they said the boat had flipped over.

"Is Jim okay?" I managed to follow up, with a knot in my stomach. "I mean, they said they crashed."

"I'm sure he's all right." Dad said, and we met up with the crew who was firing at the hideout. "Stop wastin' your fire!" Dad had me help him hobble to the hideout since Jim had took out his cybernetic leg. "Hello, up there!" I watched Dad wave a white flag. "Jimbo? If, uh...it's all right with the captain, I'd like a short word with ya. No tricks, just a little palaver."

I helped him up, so Jim could see us standing there alone. I noticed Jim looking at me, and I gave him a little wave. He kept the pistol at his chest, and I lowered my hand. He walked away for a brief moment.

"You sure it's a good idea for you to be here, (Y/n)?" Dad asked me as he grunted, taking a step forward.

"No," I answered truthfully, "But I'll see how things go."