Chapter 14

My brothers surrounded me as I entered our house, stopping me from going upstairs.
"What do you want, guys?" I groaned
"Come on Cam, give us a smile!" Gabe said and I scowled.
"Let us see that pretty smile of yours, yeah?" Mitchell said gently, but I shook my head.
"It looks terrible." I mumbled, trying to move past my brothers to the kitchen.
"C'mon Cam, let me see please?" Finn asked, making me shake my head before shoving my way through my brothers and going up to my room.

Thankfully no one followed me and I flopped on my bed. I was on my phone when I heard a knock on the door, before it was opened behind me.
"You know you're supposed to wait after knocking before just coming into my room." I said without turning around to see who it was.
"Now is that how you talk to your favourite brother?" He asked. I turned around and saw than Gabe was leaning against my door with an easy smile on his face.
"What do you want Gabe?" I asked, annoyed. He maintained the smile on is face as he sat down on the bed next to me.

"I was just checking on my baby sister." He said, before plucking my phone out of my hands.
"Hey! Give it back!" I yelled, before Gabe poked at my stomach, making me laugh.
"There's that gorgeous smile." He said, pulling me into a hug. "I told you you'd look good with braces."
"Shut up." I mumbled, making my brother laugh. "They look awful."

"Oh Cameron." Gabe sighed. "You look beautiful with and without braces, soon enough you won't even notice them."

"I guess." I replied.
"And Charlie says dinner's ready, so let's go back downstairs, yeah?" Gabe said and I nodded as we walked downstairs.
The rest of my brothers were already sitting at the table waiting for us, and everyone started eating as soon as we sat down.
Kade, Nathan and Finn were talking about the new vinyl store downtown, Gabe, Mitchell and Charlie were talking about the construction down the street and me and Ty were talking about video games.
"Oh guys, I almost forgot!" Tyler said, ending our conversation.
"Anton's gonna be coming for game night, just letting you guys know." He said, getting nods from a few of my brothers.
"Can we do monopoly this time? Please?" I asked Charlie with a hopeful smile on my face.
"Okay fine Cam." Charlie said with a grin. "But prepare to get your ass kicked!"
"Never!" I exclaimed, laughing.
"That also reminds me guys," Charlie said. "I also invited someone over for game night."

"Who?" Finn asked, as we all looked at Charlie.
"It's a girl I'm seeing." He said, with a slight blush on his pale cheeks.
"Oooh." My brothers said, mocking their brother.
"Shut it." Charlie said. "It's nothing serious yet, so please guys don't do anything crazy tonight, yeah?"
"Fine." I whined, Kade and Nathan agreeing with me. We were the pranksters in the family and a new guest was always fun to mess around with.
"How'd you meet her?" I asked Charlie, my brothers and I awaiting an answer.

"I met her at work, she works at the hospital." Charlie said. I groaned but Charlie silenced me with a look.
"I don't wanna hear that tonight Cam, please?" He asked and I reluctantly agreed. As we finished dinner, Finn and Mitchell were ganging up on Charlie, interrogating him about his new girlfriend. The blush on Charlie's face had gotten a little darker but the twins were interrupted by a knock on the door.
I stood up to answer, Tyler tagging along behind me. I opened the door, revealing Anton.
"Hey Ty, hey Cam." He said with a warm smile. I nodded at him and Ty did the weird bro hug with his best friend.
"We we're just finishing up dinner, you can Cam can just go chill in the living room for a bit." Tyler said, and I led Anton to the living room with the couches and the tv.
I sat down on one of the couches with Anton sitting next to me but leaving some space between us. Just being around him made me a little anxious, and I think he could tell because he was looking at me sympathetically.
"I'm not going to hurt to Cam." He said. "I never will."
I sighed, not knowing what to say.
"I know you just need time and I will give you that time." He said. "But while we wait for your bros, you wanna kick some Mario kart ass?" He said with a smirk. I let a small smile cover my face as I turned on the PS4, tossing Anton a controller.
"There's than smile." He said, still smirking, earning a punch from me.
Half an hour later my brothers joined us, watching us race until the doorbell rang again for the second time that night. Charlie stood up and went to answer the door, the rest of us waiting in anticipation.
We head small talk for a minute before Charlie re-entered the living room, this time with a shorter girl with short brown hair and brown eyes.
She was shorter than Charlie for sure but was probably taller than me by an inch or two. She was really pretty and she seemed shy and genuine, unlike some of the other girls my brothers had brought home.
She took a small step forward, before waving as us from the corner of the room.
"Hey guys." She said quietly, before smiling.
"I'm Lily."

Would you guys prefer less updates and longer chapters or more updates with shorter chapters?
Leave ideas in the comments!