Chapter 12

It was a few days after the appointment with Anton, that Charlie had scheduled an appointment for him to put my braces on. This of course, was highly protested by me, but Charlie stood his ground.
It also worked out that Tyler and Nathan had to be test subjects for the candidates that Finn and Mitchell were looking to hire the same day. Tyler had decided that he would get his teeth checked, stay while Nathan got his checked, and then he would take me to my appointment.
I had been dreading this day, and was not going down without a fight. It got a lot harder when Tyler had invited Anton over to our place to play video games the other day, but I had escaped to my room just in time. We were leaving in 20 minutes, when I called Nathan into my room, closing the door behind him.
"What is is Cam?" He asked casually. I took a deep breath, before releasing my thoughts.
"Can you pretty please pretend that you're scared of the dentist so that I'm late to my appointment and don't have to get braces?" I begged. Nathan chuckled, and shook his head.
"Cam I'm not going to pretend a fear of something I'm not afraid of, just so you don't have to get braces today." He said. "Even if you miss your appointment today, you'll still have to get them. And besides, the sooner you get them on, the sooner you can get them off." He said, turning to leave my room, but I grabbed his arm.
"Please Nate!" I pleaded, but he shook his head and left my room. I collapsed onto my bed, watching Netflix until Tyler came up to my room, informing me that it was time to go. I groaned, and he picked me up, carrying me downstairs. I put shoes on, and got into the car with Tyler and Nathan.
Tyler navigated us to the office, and we entered, immediately scrunching our noses up at the smell. Before we even sat down, Mitchell came out to us, and lead us into a spacious exam room. When we entered, I took note of the tall, dark haired doctor, standing timidly in the corner. He looked us as we walked in, and greeted us with a smile and a wave.
"Tyler, this is Dr. Cohen, he will be performing the exam today." Mitchell said. Dr. Cohen put his hand out to Tyler, who shook it.
"Nice to meet you Tyler." He said with a smile. To my surprise, he had braces, and his eyes were different colours. One was bright green, and the other pale blue. "My name is Dr. Alexander Cohen, and I will be your dentist for today." He stated politely. Tyler nodded. "Please sit down." He said, gesturing to the chair, and he himself sat on a stool. "So you're just head for a checkup correct?" He said, and Tyler nodded, while sitting in the chair. "Anything bothering you?" He asked, and Tyler shook his head. "Alright, we will get started now," He said.
He reclined the chair, handing a pair of sunglasses to Tyler. Tyler glanced at them and chuckled, before slipping them over his eyes.
They were Minecraft sunglasses, and Dr. Cohen had let a small chuckle slip as well. "Sorry about those." He said with a smile on his face. Tyler shook his head, indicating that they were fine. "Alright now, can you open please?" He asked politely, and Tyler opened his mouth. Dr. Cohen started the exam, with Mitchell watching like a hawk over his left shoulder. He soon finished the exam, deeming that everything was perfectly fine. "Are we doing a cleaning?" Asked Dr. Cohen to Mitchell. Mitchell nodded, and Dr. Cohen prepared the necessary tools.
After a few more minutes, Tyler's cleaning was finished, and he was standing again, thanking Dr. Cohen, before Mitchell dismissed him to the staff room, after giving him a set on instructions to bring another doctor in.
"How was he?" Mitchell asked anxiously.
"He was great." Said Tyler honestly. "He was super gentle, but he was quick and efficient." Mitchell sighed in relief.

"Can I take a quick look to make sure that he didn't miss anything?" Mitchell asked, and Tyler groaned, before sitting in the chair again. Mitchell quickly checked everything over, and was pleased to find nothing wrong. Tyler stood up again, and leaned up against the wall next to me.
A few moments later, another doctor walked into the room. This dentist was shorter than the other, but he still was significantly taller than me. If Dr. Cohen had around 6'1, then this often dentist was probably around 5'10. He walked in confidently. He had light hair with pale blue almost gray eyes, and he wore glasses, making him look smarter.
"Nathan this is Dr. Quinn Easton." Said Mitchell. Nathan and Dr. Easton shook hands, and he gestured to the chair, not speaking. He handed Nathan a pair of sunglasses, the same ones Tyler had worn, without speaking.
"Checkup?" He asked Nathan, who nodded. "Anything bothering you?" He asked, and Nathan shook his head again. The chair was being tilted back, and Nathan shifted, flashing me and Tyler a look that said 'Get me out of here'. We both silently chuckled, and Mitchell let a small grin slip.
Dr. Easton had asked Nathan to open his mouth, and was now poking around in Nathan's mouth, who looked uncomfortable.
"Be gentle." Mitchell spoke, and Dr. Easton let out a frustrated sigh, before acting slightly more gentle. He finished the exam, and diagnosed Nathan with no problems, and promptly doing a cleaning. After that, he left, and Mitchell turned to look at Nathan.
"How was he?" He asked.
"He was the worst!" Exclaimed Nathan. "He was so brisk, and barely bothered to say anything. He wasn't even that gentle, even after you warned him. I wish I got the dude that Ty got." He said, just as Dr. Cohen had walked into the office. He seemed to recognize that he had entered a conversation, and quickly exited the room, a red tinge on his cheeks.
"Can I take a look to make sure he didn't miss anything?" Mitchell asked Nathan, who sat back down in the chair. Mitchell poked around for a minute, and sat the chair up again.
"Well this sucks for you Nate, but it looks like your wisdom teeth are in." Mitchell said, looking at Nathan. "You should probably get those check out soon, along with Kade. You two are probably gonna need to get them extracted." Nathan stuck his tongue out at Mitchell, who laughed.
"I can take an X-ray now if you want?" He suggested, and Nathan groaned, but nodded. A minute later they came back, and Mitchell pulled up the results on his computer. "It looks like you've got four impacted wisdom teeth." Mitchell said. "You should get those out soon, before they start causing you pain." Nathan nodded, standing up to leave.
We said our goodbyes, and headed out to the car. That's when the nerves started to kick in for real.
"Please don't make me go." I whined, and Ty sighed.
"We aren't arguing with you now." Said Ty, driving to Anton's office. We entered, and Ty signed me in, and we sat down in the waiting room. A few minutes later, Anton walked out, calling my name, reading to take me back to his office of doom.

Remember to leave ideas in the comments, sometimes they make it into the story!