II

♪♫  Tedhe-medhe raaste hain,

♪♫ Tedhe-medhe raaste hain,

Jaadui imaarate hain,

Main bhi hu tu bhi hai yahan,

Khoyi soyi sadko pe,

Sitaron ke kandhon pe hum,

Naachte udte hain yahan... ♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was pacing in the living room of the apartment she shared with her best friends—Inaya and Ahana—while said best friends were sitting on the couch watching her.

"So, you're telling us that Aarav, 'The Aarav' is now your boss?" Inaya asked.

"Yes."

"And he told you that he is not letting you go this time?" Inaya asked again.

"Yes."

"You still love him. So, what's the problem?" she asked again.

"What's the problem you ask? The problem is that this can't happen."

"Enlighten us." Ahana said.

"Well, what if he hates me?"

"That's not true." Inaya said as a matter of fact.

"Even if it's not true, there is my family, which by the way is the biggest problem."

"Family? Right." Ahana scoffed, "Are you, by any chance, talking about the family who abandoned you? The same family who time and time again calls you to ask for favors even after they severed all ties with you? Tell me, have they ever called not to ask for favors but to ask how you're doing?"

Her words were harsh, but they were true. Ahana was mostly like that, she would rather tell you the harsh truth in the face than tell you sweet lies which would hurt even more in the end. Inaya was the peace-maker, who would be polite and keep you comfortable and at ease. She would soothe you and tell you that everything is going to be okay.

Noor didn't answer because she knew that Ahana was right.

Ahana sighed, "I don't want to hurt you, Noor, but what I'm trying to say is, the more you keep quiet, the more you tolerate their torture, their disrespect for you and your choices, the more power they would have over you. Stop giving them power and start living the way you want to."

Inaya squeezed Ahana's shoulder in support and turned towards Noor, "And about family, we are family, Noor."

Noor grinned at her friends and launched herself on them for a group hug. They laughed while being in each other's embrace.

"What if he hates me?" Noor mumbled.

Both of her friends groaned out and sat up after breaking the hug.

"Noor, if he hated you, he wouldn't have said that he is never letting you go." Ahana said calmly.

"But what if all this is just an act so that he could take some sort of revenge?" Noor said worriedly.

"He wouldn't do that he loved you." Inaya tried to make her understand.

"But-"

"Nope." Ahana cut her off. "No buts, as much as you have told us about him over the past few years, we can surely tell you that he wouldn't do anything like that. And if by any chance he does hurt you then we'll skin him alive. Okay, Noor baby?"

She smiled and nodded her head, "Okay."

"So, whenever you're comfortable, you'll have to tell him what actually went down the drain two years ago. He deserves to know." Inaya told her while she nodded her head again.

"Um... Not to ruin the nice and happy moment but as much as I can recall, your boyfriend was Aarav Rathore and not Aarav Malhotra. So how did he manage to change his surname in the span of two years?" Ahana tried to ask nicely with a sweet smile on her face.

"I... I was too shocked to focus on that detail." Noor stammered sheepishly.

"That's alright sunshine, because when you're at it; you might just want to clear everything—from your side and from his side." Ahana suggested.

"Sounds like a plan."