X

♪♫ Aise zaruri ho mujhko tum,

Jaise hawayein saanson ko,

Aise talashun main tumko,

Jaise ki per zameeno ko... ♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day.

Aarav was nervously fidgeting beside her while Ahana was busy blankly staring—more like scaring—at him.

Noor gave a pleading look to Inaya—who was sitting beside Ahana—to break the tension in the room. Inaya nudged Ahana breaking her scaring contest.

Noor took Aarav's hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze. "Don't look so nervous."

"Don't look so nervous?!" he repeated incredulously. "She was practically throwing daggers from her eyes. I thought she liked me."

She chuckled. "She does."

"Doesn't look like it."

"She's messing with you, that's all." She muttered with a giggle.

"She is?" he got a nod as she was busy giggling.

"Is there something funny?" came Ahana's voice as she raised an eyebrow while both of them shook their head.

Ahana turned her attention solely to Aarav, "So, you want to marry her?"

"Yes"

"And you think you deserve her?" Inaya nudged her again but Ahana didn't care a bit.

"No. I don't think I deserve her." he said and Noor turned to look at him. "But, I care for her, I love her and I promise to love her as long as I breathe. I need her with me because I can't live without her in my life. I would pamper her all my life. I will never let her shed a single drop of tear. I would protect and cherish her. Always."

Ahana suddenly got up and went inside the kitchen. Noor squeezed his hand once more and he squeezed back.

"You did great." Inaya smiled. "Don't worry."

"She walked out." Aarav said referring to Ahana.

"No one knows what goes in her mind and she can be a little... um uptight at times? So, don't assume anything. It could be nothing for all we know, okay?" Inaya reassured him.

Ahana came back with a plate in hand and stopped right in front of Aarav and grinned at him. Grinned with dimples and all. She offered him sweets which were placed neatly on the plate in her hand. "Welcome to the family, Aarav!"

Aarav looked shocked, after a few seconds when he realized what just happened, a grin made its way on his face as he took a piece of sweet.

"Ahana-" Noor started but before she could say any further, Ahana put a piece of sweet in her mouth. "Wha-" she muttered with mouthful.

"Congratulations, sunshine!" Ahana teased her grin still in place and placed the plate on the table behind her while Noor blushed hard.

Inaya came forward and put another piece in Noor's mouth just to rile her and hugged Ahana which Noor joined. All of them were grinning like idiots.

"Are you happy?" Aarav asked Noor who was enjoying his warm embrace in the living room.

She placed her chin on his chest to look up at him. "I've not been this happy for a long time."

"Oh really?" he teased. "I must be very important for you then."

"Very." She grinned.

He pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you." He murmured.

She stood on her tip toe to reach his height to peck his cheek. "I love you too."

"You do?" he was looking into her eyes, searching for answer as this was the first time she said that after they met again.

She chuckled. "I do. I never stopped loving you."

"Glad to hear that."

He looked at her lips and involuntarily moved closer to her face. He looked back at her eyes, looking for permission and she couldn't help but give a little nod. He pressed his mouth lightly against hers.

When he tried to pull back a little after a few seconds, she leaned in again and started to move her mouth against his.