XII

♪♫ Dekha hazaron dafaa aapko,

Phir bekarari kaisi hai,

Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil,

Kuch baat aap mein aisi hai

Lekar ijazat ab aap se,

Saansein yeh aati jaati hain,

Dhoondhe se milte nahi hain hum,

Bas aap hi aap baaki hain... ♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's time. Let's go." Inaya told Noor as she walked into the room.

Noor looked up from the mirror to see Inaya fast walking with the biggest grin while Ahana trailed behind her.

Inaya hugged Noor after she stood up from the chair. "I'm so happy for you today!"

She looked at Ahana who was standing a little behind Inaya and gestured her to come closer after pulling away from the hug.

"I hope you get all the happiness in the world, sunshine. I hope you never have a single gloomy day from now on." Ahana whispered while re-adjusting Noor's veil.

"That's the first time you said something nice to me!" Noor exclaimed dramatically.

"That's so not true." Ahana replied with her infamous bored look but then grinned at her.

All three of them hugged each other with happiness blooming around them.

A few minutes could have gone by when Inaya's parents—Mr. Nasir Khan and Mrs. Zeenat Khan—entered the room.

"Oh my..." Inaya's mother cut herself off while she stood before Noor. "You look like a princess, Noor."

Noor had known Inaya for a very long time and had always considered Inaya's family hers.

"Yes. All my daughters look gorgeous tonight." Inaya's father complimented all three of them.

Aarav was looking a little awestruck, sitting in the Mandap as she walked the aisle with Inaya and Ahana.

After she told him everything, he confronted her parents. Her parents were enraged, but couldn't do anything as Aarav is a powerful man.

As she wished, he made sure that her parents wouldn't be there on their wedding.

Aarav told her that he couldn't wait to marry her, so he hired wedding planners the next day he met with Inaya and Ahana for her hand and here they were three weeks later—getting married. During these three weeks they had gone to multiple dates which helped them get closer.

Inaya's parents flew down to Mumbai just after they got the news of Noor's wedding. When they got to know about her situation, they stepped in to fill up her parents' place.

Inaya and Ahana personally designed her lehenga (wedding attire) with Aarav's mother because according to the rituals, the bride's attire comes from the groom's family.

She sat beside Aarav in the Mandap and the priest started chanting mantras.

"You look breathtaking." Aarav whispered in her ear, making her blush.

The rituals took a lot of time. As planned Inaya's parents did every ritual and blessed the couple with best wishes.

She looked around and only saw happy faces of people who mattered to her.

Ahana once told her that, blood doesn't make you family, love, respect and loyalty does. Guess she was right!

Because these were the people who really accepted and appreciated her even though they were not blood related. This was her real family. And sometimes you need to leave people who don't value you in order to find the ones who do.

The ∞ End