One

Life is full of surprises, but Taehyung certainly wasn't expecting the scenario that took place that full moon.    

It was the bi-monthly gathering of Taehyung's pack, the Shadowbora pack, where pack members from all over their wildland gathered. The wolves liked to call it a 'party'. Having experienced parties like these for the last twenty-four years, it had lost its significance to Taehyung. However wolves in the modern day who lived away from the pack believed such a gathering was of much importance to catch up with their friends and family.

The party was out in the open, so the wolves can drink and dance beneath the silver rays of the moon goddess. The speciality of the party was that only its pack members, their mates, and partners were invited. And sometimes a friend of a pack member who just really wanted to come. No one came without expressed or implied invitation.

Which was probably why Taehyung's nostrils flared as a strong scent of caramel and cherry blossoms drowned his senses, making his head whip to the entrance of the garden in which the party took place. Taehyung's eyes narrowed as he scanned the expanse of the people to find where this peculiar, alien but sweet scent generated from.

And then Taehyung saw him.

A boy, standing by the entrance of the garden, looking around with wide eyes that reminded Taehyung of a scared deer. His hair was raven black and parted from the middle to reveal a bit of his forehead. He wore a blue sweater that was too big on his scrawny figure, the sleeves covering his palms and only the fingers sticking out, much adorably. His jeans stuck to his thighs like a second skin and were loose on the calves and ankles. Taehyng could see him shifting his weight from one foot to another in his sneakers. He looked around him as he stood by the entrance as if he was looking for someone.

He looked painfully out of place. Taehyung had never seen that porcelain fair-skinned omega here, which meant he was not a member. And in addition to all that, this omega's scent was sickeningly sweet. So strong and Taehyung had never gotten a whiff of a scent so...alluring.

Maybe it was Taehyung's alpha instincts kicking in as he watched the distressed omega. He was about to place the cold glass of beer in his hand on the table and walk towards him to ask him what he was doing here, when he saw another wolf approach him.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed as Namjoon, their pack leader, marched towards the omega and the boy looked at the elder with wide eyes. A sweet smile stretched the omega's lips as Namjoon said something to him. The boy looked down at his feet as if he was blushing as Namjoon kept talking to him with a gentle smile. Then Namjoon placed his hand on the small of the omega's waist and led him into the garden where there were drinks.

Taehyung ignored the way his wolf growled in displeasure at the interaction with a fellow member. However his curiosity only grew as Namjoon poured Jeongguk a drink and led him to a table. The omega sat down, alone, and the pack leader walked away from him after saying something. There wasn't a single pack member looking at him. Everyone was in their own conversations. Some were drunk and passed out. Were they not picking up the omega's strong scent?

Taehyung watched the omega take a sip from his drink. He looked around with the same doe eyes of him, still wide, unsure and nervous. He scanned the crowd, almost as if he was searching for someone.

Or to make sure someone wasn't there.

Taehyung's eyes never left him. Not even when the omega's eyes landed on him and paused. The omega's eyes widened a little more, if possible. His scent heightened, and Taehyung felt his own pheromones being released as a response to that. The omega probably felt it, even though he was sitting a few tables away from Taehyung. So he broke away the gaze quickly, blushing a little.