Thirteen

Hey so I saw a few people being confused about how they didn't know they were fated mates and even after last chap only Tae knows. Fated mates exist but finding your fated mate is a rare occasion. And fated mates aren't immediately recognizable.

So from what I've wrote in this book so far taekook probably concluded that all those things their wolves were feeling was because of mere attraction because you can obv still feel the need to have your alpha/omega close to you and crave their scent even if they are not a fated mate. And Jk prolly thinks it's because of attraction too because there hasn't really been a huge confirmation from his wolf that Tae is the mate. (Hints, yes but our baby is just blind)

And Tae didn't know either until last chap, until their wolves synced and bonded through the scenting, ultimately leading to his wolf conforming Jk as the fated mate.

Think about it... If I didn't tell that this is a fated mates au/ soulmates au in the beginning wouldn't you also think they're just super attracted to each other and they belong together only because their wolves are craving each other?

~

The week after Taehyung asked to court Jeongguk was inarguably the best week of Jeongguk's life. He has been walking out of his room every day to Taehyung standing right outside his door with a courting gift.

The first day, Jeongguk woke up to Taehyung snuggling him because he spent the night with him. They had gone to dinner together and the Jeongguk wanted Taehyung to be with him until he fully recovers. They had slept, cuddled up and Jeongguk had been the happiest omega on earth because what could be better than sleeping surrounded by...your alpha's scent?

That day, Taehyung had made him breakfast in bed. The second day had been a bouquet of roses, which was followed by a plate of wild berries the next day, a necklace Taehyung had made himself from beautiful stones, matching bracelets, dinner date in Taehyung's balcony, chocolates, a hoodie and today, on the seventh day, a plushie.

They  also got to know each other a lot in the last few days. They had talked for hours and hours without getting bored. They had shared their whole life stories, most embarrassing and happiest moments. Taehyung had even told him about his parents, which Jeongguk was curious about. Apparently, they were residing at his mother's pack at the moment, since his parents were from two different packs. Just like Taehyung and Jeongguk!

Taehyung had told him that he would love Jeongguk to meet them. Jeongguk was excited.

They had kissed more times than Jeongguk could count. With everything that was happening, Jeongguk was the happiest omega on earth. Who would've thought his journey to save his life could ever bring him a gift as joyous as this?

Jeongguk hugged the plushie to his chest, grinning like a child as he stared at Taehyung with sparkling eyes.

"You make me feel so lucky" Jeongguk muttered, placing his head on the elder's chest.

"How so?"

"To be courted by you" |

Taehyung chuckled. "Can you believe that we hated each other?"

Jeongguk laughed. "No! But you were so annoying and up in all my business. I hated that"

"Yeah I know I was being quite intrusive"

"But it's understandable"

"Don't you think that hatred has turned into attraction? I couldn't stop thinking about you"

Jeongguk's eyes lit up. "I know right? And I've always found you hot"

Taehyung smirked. "You did?"

Jeongguk blushed. "No! Nevermind"