Chapter 31

Lena pov

Currently I am on a plane to Los Angeles with Chris. We're flying over there for Roberts birthday party. He's hosting it at a villa and it is the most extra and 'Robert' thing I've ever seen. He sent us the invitations and the pictures of the place. It is huge. Chris and I teamed up to buy him a present together. I bought him a vinyl player and about 20 vinyl records and Chris bought him a whiskey kit. We put it all in a big box and wrapped it up nice. Of course we put in a card and sent it over mail. Robert will get our present today I believe.

"I can't wait to see his reaction. He's been wanting that player for so long now." Chris says

"I know right. I just love getting gifts for people!"

"Will Scarlett be able to attend?" He asks me

"How would I know?" I ask him

"Well you two have made up. I thought you were going to go back to your old selves."

"We both know I can't do that."

"She'll only hurt you if you let her Lena." He says

"Yeah that is why I'm not letting her get any closer." I say

"She likes you for god sake!" He says

"But she loves him."

"You can't possibly know that."

"I can. She can like me for all she wants but I know that she's going to regret it."

"You don't know that. You think that." He says angry now.

"I am fine with it. I'll forget about her in no time." I say

"If so then hand me your wallet." He says

"Why do you need my wallet?" I ask him

"You're giving me that picture of her right now."

"How did you even know it was there?!" I say

"Give it back if you're so persistent that you're fine with not being with her."

"No. I'm keeping it and you can shut up." I say

"You love her don't you?" He asks

I hesitate for a second. I've never admitted those feelings about her. I've never talked about them to someone else in this depth. Chris knew everything but he chose to give me space and time to talk about it if I felt comfortable.

"With all my heart." I say looking down.
Chris puts a hand on my shoulder in a comforting matter and just lets me feel the emotions that are overflowing me.

"Get some rest. As soon as we land we'll need to be getting ready." He says shifting in his seat. 

I put on my headphones and play some music and start to drift off to sleep. In a matter of seconds I am awoken by Chris  softly shaking my shoulder. He buckles my seat belt and we land. We didn't bring too many things and we decided to pack just one suitcase. I wasn't too thrilled to stay here for a day and pack a whole thing. We also booked one room with two beds.

My nightmares are getting worse and Chris helps a lot. He hears me while I have those dreams and wakes me up. Then he plays me some music or makes me laugh so I can fall back to sleep. He's been staying at my place again and I'm really lucky to have him as my best friend. We get off the plane and call a taxi to take us to our hotel. We need to start getting ready as soon as we arrive there.

Chris opens the door to our room and we just hurry inside. I open up our bag and take out our outfits. He goes to the reception and asks for a steamer while I do my makeup. He steams our outfits and puts everything on a hanger. I do my hair and he does his. We finish everything off and he gives me the opportunity to change in the room while he goes to the bathroom. Selena is a lucky woman.