Chapter 2: Tiger

"You may be a tiger Mateo, but I am a total beast."

The constant din of the city streets had become white noise to Thomas over the past three months. Mexico City didn't seem to have an off switch, with some call for a street party always on the horizon. The sound now disturbing his slumber was the annoying ringtone of his phone, which he hadn't bothered to change. "¡ Contesta el pinche teléfono!" Comes the disgruntled groans from the man laying next to him in the bed, his face partially buried into the pillow. Thomas reaches a hand out to grab the device, his eyes strain as he reads the caller id. 'Mol' lights up the screen.

"Molly...do you know what time it is?" He groans as he rolls onto his back, phone plastered to his ear.

"Yes It's lunch time over there. I purposely checked." Thomas can imagine his sister raising an eyebrow that he was still in bed. "How have you been?"

Thomas looks to his right at the man, his tattooed back of a tiger staring back at him. "I'm good, just had a busy night, taking care of a stray cat." He grins as he then looks up to the ceiling. "So how are things with you? Is Jim still struggling with online banking?" He grins.

"You know I do all that." She replies.

The line goes quiet, with Thomas feeling the need to prompt his sister. "Mol, is everything ok? You don't usually call. Has something happened?"

"It's about Jasper ..."

The name alone made Thomas tense up, his eyes feeling awakened as he sat bolt upright in the bed. "What about him?" He says, his voice trying to sound indifferent though his suddenly racing heart was betraying him badly.

Thomas hears her heavy sigh. "Tom, he's getting married."

"And?" Thomas is quick to reply. "What has that got to do with me?"

"What happened to you Tom? Why are you like this?" Molly questions. "Don't you care? Why did you stay away?"

Thomas gets out of bed and heads to the window, looking out at the street. "He was just a kid Molly. An angry kid working himself out. So was I. It was just a summer. One summer that's all."

"He seems to think differently." She interrupts his words.

"What? Are you saying he loves me now? Bullshit!" Thomas raises his voice, causing the man on the bed to once again stir. Thomas looks back at him before looking out of the window once again. "He's marrying another. I think he is over it."

"His mother called around. He has written you an invite, he still thinks about you Tom. She wants you to give him closure."

"Eight, no nine years of me not being in his life isn't a clue enough?" Thomas says through clenched teeth. "Tell him yourself."

"Thomas. What are you so afraid of? If he is just a friend to you, then just wish him the best."

Thomas exhales a heavy breath down the phone line. "I have to go." He ends the call, letting his hand fall down to the side.

He suddenly feels the hands of the tattooed tiger man wrap around his waist from behind. "You wake me now." He presses his body against Thomas' naked frame, peppering kisses over his right shoulder. It causes Thomas to turn around to face the man. His deep brown, almost black eyes looking up into his. He pushes him lightly by the shoulders, causing the man to take a step back towards the bed as Thomas steps forwards, ending in a final push as the man falls back onto the mattress. He proceeds to crawl over the man, caging his frame as he holds his wrists up over his head.

"You may be a tiger Mateo, but I am a total beast." He leans in kissing the man with a fever. His teeth tugging against the man's lips. He moans into Thomas' mouth as his legs wrap around his waist, as Thomas' mind seems to enter another place. That place of need, gratification. That drug he craved to help him forget, to rid his head of his demons. His body and mind going through the motions of foreplay as moments later, the man called Mateo is pushed onto his stomach on the bed, as Thomas straddles him, slowly pushing deeper and deeper, giving power to each thrust as the man beneath him hollars his pleasures in his native tongue.

Thomas looks ahead at the textile wall hanging of some landscape, his eyes going in and out of focus as he thrusts at an animalistic pace. Wanting to empty his mind of the thoughts which plague him. That of regret, denial and now heartache of learning that he really had left it too late. Jasper had really given up on him and found another. "FUUUCK!" He shouts at the top of his voice, his fingers clinging on tight to the man's shoulder as he comes hard into the condom. He relishes in the mind numbing moment of bliss as he feels the ecstasy rush through his body before his mind slowly becomes filled with all he wanted to forget.

He pulls out and slowly stands back, looking at the man he barely knew. He pulls the condom from himself, discarding it in an overspilling bin, before locating his shorts and t-shirt from the rug by the bed and begins to dress himself. "I'm leaving," he announces as he pulls his tee over his head and grabs his phone.

Mateo sits up, still visibly aroused and not ready for his guest to depart too soon. "Stay. You stay." He coos, trying to once again coax the man back to bed, but this time it doesn't go as planned.

Thomas gets close and grabs the man's firm penis in his grip. He begins to tug and jerk him off. The man pants and hums. He holds onto Thomas' shoulders as Thomas looks into the man's face, relishing in the moment of power he had over the other's pleasure, until the man seems to crumble. He ejaculates over Thomas' busy hand as he lets go, leaving the man to whimper. He shakes the excess from his fingers. "Goodbye Tiger." He says, planting one more kiss on the man's lips before heading to the door, pushing his feet into some sliders and leaving, not once looking back over his shoulder.