Chapter 32: Temptress

"You seem so... straight."

It wasn't like Jasper was delaying his return to his apartment… Well, maybe he was, just a little. He was happy to bask in the moment of clarity in his mind. This limbo of telling Thomas how he felt about him. That glimpse of a future together without the heavy presence of what he was about to do. To tell his fianceè that he wanted to end their relationship and all the fall out thereafter. Would it be too optimistic to hope for Beth to just accept it and to wish them well? 

He pushes the key into the lock and turns it, expecting to see darkness. Beth would probably be in bed and he was all set to sleep on the couch, with that conversation planned in the morning light, but to his surprise, the living area seems to have some kind of atmospheric mood lighting illuminating the space, with the faint sound of Adele playing in the background. "Beth? Why are you still awake?"

Beth, who had been laying on the sofa, slowly gets up, giving Jasper a warm smile, "just thought I'd wait up. I missed you." She rests a hand on the back of her seat as she turns a little in place, sitting on one leg, her chest pushing out, which Jasper could see was in a silk baby blue night dress. That one she wore on their weekend together in Brighton, not long after they had met. It still seemed to fit her well, considering her disposition, with her cleavage exposed just enough that it could entice. 

"Why are you wearing that?" Jasper looks at her with suspicion, as he kicks off his boots before approaching her. 

"Why? Don't you like it?" You used to like it." She looks down at herself, pulling at the material to remove one or two creases. 

"And what's with the music? It's a bit…"

"We haven't discussed a wedding song yet." Beth interrupts, to which Jasper doesn't reply. Just a little reminder that there would now be no wedding, if he could just see this through. 

Jasper sits on the sofa next to Beth. He gives off a weak smile. "Yeah. About that."

"What, do you have something else in mind? Maybe Ed Sheeran?" She says, edging closer to him, with her hand which was draped over the back of the sofa, now carding through his black hair. "Whatever you want is fine by me." She adds. 

Jasper looks up at her. The woman he still had a feeling for. It wasn't like it had disappeared, just faded, like a memory. Her long blonde hair hung over her shoulders, pooling a little at her wrist, her blue eyes seemed so big and innocent that Jasper felt like the biggest piece of shit in that moment. He closes his eyes. It was the only way he could do this. To not look at her, to block the view. "Beth, there's something I need to tell you." He waits for a brief moment, before daring to open his eyes again. She is still there, unmoved and unnervingly calm. 

"What is it?" She says as she again tenderly cards her fingers through his hair.

Jasper takes his hand to her wrist, halting her action. "It's about me and Tom." He waits once again for some kind of reaction, but again her calmness makes him feel uneasy. 

"I'm listening." She replies as she sits back from him a fraction, causing Jasper to mirror her action. 

"Ok." Jasper clears his throat. "We… we uh. What I mean is, Tom and I…"

"Did you date?" Beth says, raising an eyebrow, but causing Jasper to furrow his, with her response catching him off guard. 

"Well….yeah. Yes we did. That summer. We kind of did." Jasper now felt a whole world of confusion enter his mind as Beth slowly began to straddle his lap. She drapes her arms over his shoulders as she looks down at his face. 

"It's ok." She says, just above a whisper as she leans in and kisses his lips. She lets her forehead rest against his. "I know…. I think it's hot.'' She leans in again for another kiss,  but Jasper jerks his head back. 

"Woah, wait a minute, you know?" Jasper takes a firm grip of her upper arms as he stares into her eyes. 

Beth gives a small nod. "I didn't want to believe it at first. It made no sense to me. You seem so... straight, but then I thought about it. You were a teenager. I mean we all experiment as teenagers right?" 

"Well…yes, but…." 

She puts a finger to his lips. "You don't need to say any more. I'm not angry. What's in the past stays in the past." She again leans in for a kiss, with Jasper's mind getting lost in confusion. This isn't how it was supposed to pan out. The feel of her lips on his was like a reflex action. He needed to snap out of it. 

"Mmm wait..." Jasper pushes her back once again. 

"I said it's ok. I'm not angry." She repeats in a calm voice as she takes a hand to his crotch, giving the area a gentle squeeze.  Jasper didn't know why his body and mind had two different thought processes as his penis instantly responded to her touch. "There,...there it is." She giggles with satisfaction, as now with two hands she begins to unfasten his fly. 

Jasper looks down at her actions. The words seeming to evade him as the silk of her lingerie allows her to easily slide from her straddled position on his lap to between his now parted legs. "Beth…" Jasper tries again to vocalise with a deep groan, but she knows him too well as she lets the tip of her tongue dance against the head of his erection, before slowly shrouding it with her lips…