Chapter 11

QUINN'S POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I'm still dizzy but I force myself to get up.

I scan the room with my eyes, trying to get any clue as to whom the room belongs. The room spells money and shouts the gender's owner.

Black dominates the color of the room. White is like an accent only in the room to make the room a bit more alive. All items were obviously expensive. From the bed cover down to the carpet. Even the lamp on the tap of the side table spells luxury.

The room is huge. Huge enough to be Yul's playground. Huge enough for me to say that we are not at the hotel and I am not at the hospital. I'm not in Aya's apartment anymore. I am in someone's room.

"Where am I?" I will ask. I can't even see a picture to find out who owns the room. All I see is stuff.

I frowned when I saw Yul's crib. I know it's Yul's crib because I bought it. It was at the foot of the king-size bed where I was sitting.

"Yul." Ignoring my dizziness, I step down from the bed and walk toward Yul's crib. I was so nervous when I remembered Yul but I felt relief immediately when I saw him peacefully sleeping in his crib.

But why is his crib here? As far as I remember, I left it in the apartment. I tried hard to explain to Yul that he won't be able to use his crib for a while because we can't bring him. Aya even promised Yul that he would bring it when he visited us. This crib is Yul's favorite. He sleeps here every afternoon. And he will not sleep anywhere except at night. He will sleep beside me of course during the night.

I caress my son's face and smile. I have no intention of waking him up because he will throw tantrums the whole time he is awake. I just want to feel his fluffy skin.

I fixed the blanket for him. The air conditioner in this room is cold. Yul will surely have a nice sleep because he loves it when the room is air-conditioned.

I stand up to search the room or I will go out to know where we are. But I had only taken two steps when I felt dizzy again. I can't feel my feet either.

My body slowly fell down and a strong arm caught me.

"You should stay in bed."

Before I even process in my head who is the owner of that voice, I was carried like a bride. I close my eyes when I inhale a strong perfume from his chest.

"Stay in the bed. You're not well yet." He gently put me on the bed.

"I'm...." I didn't finish what I was going to say because when I looked up, Magnus greeted me with a serious face.

"Sir Magnus." I said in a shaky voice. I'm shocked to see him this close. His breath is fanning my checks. His minty breath is giving me extra goosebumps.

Why is he here? Is this his room? No, right?

"Just Magnus, Quinn. You're not my employee anymore." He put a blanket on me before he sit next to me. He put his palm on my head as if he is checking my temperature.

I'm just dreaming, right? I just dreamed that Magnus was in front of me. This is not real. It's not true that the person I'm running from is right in front of me.

"It's good that you no longer have a fever. But, you still have to stay in bed. You've been out for 2 days and I'm not sure if you're really fine. But I guess, not yet. You almost fell on the floor and you are still pale." Magnus said while looking straight into my eyes.