Ex

(How i imagine Cheng Lee)

<<{🌙}>>

Leah POV

I stare at the cheese cake Cheng had ordered for me, which had arrived minutes ago, with so much intensity I was afraid it would melt.

I didn't want to look at him. I don't even know why I followed him in here.

Ah, that's right.

I want this bastard to answer the many questions that's been in my mind all those years ago when he left me at that hotel after stealing my virginity.

I wanted to know why he did it.

Was it all a game to him?

"Leah" he calls out but I don't look at him. He sighs, "Leah, please look at me".

Hesitantly, I look up at him. Not because he asked me to, but because I wanted to. My vision seems blurry and that is when I realise they were tears.

"Go straight to the point Cheng" I whisper with a shaky voice, tears threatening to fall, "cut the crap and go straight to why you left me at the hotel like some cheap whore".

He bites his lip, looking away.

"Why did you leave Cheng. Answer me" he closes his eyes, "no text, no note. And you even blocked my number. Why?!"

"Because of my parents dammit!" He yells which catches the attention of the other customers in the cafe. I silently apologize before turning to look back at him.

He sighs, "my parents... you know how troublesome they are. They've always controlled me and everything I do right from when I was born. They threatened me and asked me to come home immediately. And when I did, that was when they told me that we were going back to China" he explain.

But I'm not a bit convinced.

"Threatened you with what?"

He plays with his fingers a little, "I'd... rather not talk about it...".