Boxer

<<{🌙}>>

<<{🌙}>>

(A/N: I need your response ya'll. Been thinking of writing a txt fanfiction after this. Should I write as a spin off if this book? Or should it be in another universe entirely? I need advice 🤧)

Leah POV

The bastard had driven me all the way home, ignoring my protests as he did so.

We were currently in my living room now. At the dining table. Me and my mom sitting across from him as he smiled at the both of us.

Wasn't he feeling even a little bit awkward. He knew we both hated him. So why was he smiling.

Mom breathes in deeply before she finally speaks.

"What are you doing in my house Cheng? You know very well that we all hate you" she says bluntly and It takes everything in me not to laugh. Yup, definitely my mother.

Cheng blushes in embarrassment at my mom's bluntness, scratching the back of his neck, "I.. I know you do and that's why I'm here to set things right. Please hear me out" he says, putting his palms together in a pleading manner.

I roll my eyes.

He's lucky granny is asleep. She would have chased him out by now with a wooden spoon.

"OK, but you have exactly five minutes" mom says sternly, glaring at him which makes him gulp.

He starts telling us a sob story of how his parents forced him to do things he didn't want to do and how he's had to struggle with pressure all his life. I almost do feel sorry for him.

Glancing at mom, she's expressionless as she stares at him.

"I never meant to hurt Leah. I really never did. I've thought about her every single day since I left for China and I wish-"

"Times up sugar cheeks, you can leave now" mom cuts him off and he stares at her in disbelief. What? Did he really expect her to forgive him just like that?

Even i haven't forgiven him.

"But Crystal-" she cuts him off again.

"Don't you dare call me by my name. Its miss waters to you" she points towards the door, "please leave before i make you".

He looks ready to cry as his mouth goes open, "I... I... " he stammers, unable to firm a sentence, "I really never meant to-" she cuts him off.

"Listen, I listened to your story like you asked me to. And you know what? I do feel sorry that you grew up in such circumstances. But that doesn't excuse the fact that you hurt my daughter like that" she yells at him.

"But I didn't mean-"

"Yes! Yes you did mean it! If not, what stopped you from at least sending a message all those years ago? Or did your parents stop you from doing that too? If you really did care about her you would have found a way of contacting her. And to think right after she gave up something so precious to you. Something she's never going to get back but yet you still went ahead and abandoned her the next day. You really think I'm going to forgive you years after? As her mother? " She stands up, once again pointing towards the door.