Part 12.5 Haunted House and School festival

"How about you guys go instead without me" Y/N said backing away

"The weak cannot handle what's inside of this place. A giant miasma is surrounding it" Kaidou said with confidence

"Have you guys seen Y/N-chan!!" A loud voice started yelling in the hallway.

Before anyone could turn their heads, Y/n has already pushed them all in a haunted house.

"What in the world are you planning?" Kusuo asked the girl who is gripping tight on his uniform with her eyes tightly shut tight. "Are you stupid? Why did you push us here when you are afraid of the dark?"

"My mind went blank. Toritsuka was looking for me and I am avoiding him"

"Why? did he do something to you?"

"He has been annoying me since day 1 and I've had enough of his nonsense"

"I thought that idiot has done something bad to you"

"Why? Are you worried about me?" She teased but, "Can we get out of here as soon as we can please?" She asked him as she feels her self not being able to breathe

"Yare Yare" Kusuo sighed.

"Did you guys feel that?" Kaidou asked as he felt a faint wind brush against his skin

"What do you mean? Those are probably effects to make the vibe more eerie. Right Saiki?" He turned around to find Y/N and Saiki gone. " Saiki?"

"They went out-" Kaidou replied

|| With Saiki and Y/N ||

"Better?" He asked the girl who is still holding his shirt tight, and tightly closed eyes.

"Are we done with it?" She asked and slowly flutter her eyes open. Her surroundings was not as dark as she saw. She then sat down on the bench under the tree.

"I teleported us outside behind the school" Saiki replied

"Thank you Kusuo.." She replied still not letting go.

"I'll be leaving now" He said but before he could start walking, Y/n's grip on his shirt made him halt from his steps

"Wait...stay...please.. even for just two minutes..." Y/n begged

Saiki couldn't seem to refuse so he sat down next to her while she lean her forehead on his shoulder. There was a long pause of silence. The sun is high up the horizon, the bird tweets fills their ears and Saiki liked this peace and silence.

⚠️ Mentions of uncomfortable topic⚠️

"Saiki I'm not sure if I have told you this but... After my parents died, for some illegal reason, my dad's assistant who was so obsessed with him suddenly showed up and took me. We've never seen her before until she showed up in my doorstep. Because she has money she got to take care of me, by getting illegal documentations. For years, I was very terrified of her. Of course she is dumb and I am smart, I reported all of this to the police the moment I could handle myself. I ran away and then the closest to me that time was Shun's mom... This all sounds like crap right? even if it is, thank you for tolerating my blabbermouth... It doesn't bother me anymore so that's good" She said letting go of Saiki.

"I'm not a trashcan for dumping feelings" He said

"I know, but you still stayed and listened. That's enough for me. You don't have to remember it, because I guess I just used you to get this off my chest since you are the closest friend I have" She said looking down fiddling with her fingers. She then took a deep breath in and released it.
"Okay!!! Enough of this and let's enjoy this festival!!" She stood up and said with enthusiasm