Chapter 20: Taking it Further

After Y/N released the scandal, GC and Yoona were forced to withstand the worst judgment they had ever experienced from the outside world. This was the biggest crisis faced by Jungkook since he first established GC. So his disgust and hatred towards Y/N was not simply a passing thought.

The higher-ups in the company immediately called for an emergency meeting. Jungkook even called his sister, who was living overseas, for help.

"Jungkook, I've already seen the news. Y/N has solid evidence. In regards to this incident, you didn't keep things hidden enough, that's why you allowed others to find evidence against you. But, don't be too obsessed with what's happened, you need to learn how to size up the situation. You need to make it clear, you are the boss of the company. No matter how popular Y/N is, she is just a model. Her fate is in your hands."

"Then Noona, what should I do now?" Jungkook's mind was in a mess because of Y/N and Yoona.

"First of all, release a public statement with a sincere apology. State that you will treat Y/N respectfully from now on to appease the angry netizens. Also, support Y/N."

"But...there's no way Yoona will agree," Jungkook's head was hurting.

"I didn't tell you to give up on Yoona. I currently have a deal with an international magazine, we are still missing two Asian models. Arrange for Y/N and Yoona to attend the shoot together. This will prove their relationship isn't as bad as it seems. Plus, having them together will get discussions going. Although, this magazine isn't one of the highest ranked, but at least it is a step into the international limelight, this will be beneficial towards Yoona's chances at the Top Ten Model Awards. This way, we are using Y/N's popularity to boost Yoona. Jungkook, remember, a crisis is also a turning point, as long as you take advantage of this, GC's fame will continue to rise."

After hearing Rosé's reminder, Jungkook was immediately enlightened. Older people were indeed wiser, "Okay, I understand."

"After being with you for so many years, for Y/N to suddenly do so many things against you, you must have taken things too far. If you want to cheat, I will not judge - there aren't many pure-hearted people in the entertainment industry. I also do not expect you to be honest, but, why did you let Y/N find out? If you weren't my younger brother and if Yoona didn't have your child inside her, I would leave you to fend for yourself," Rosé warned. "This is the perfect chance - let them share a stage, let them lower each other's spirits. Yoona is so arrogant and domineering because of the way you spoil her."

"Rosie...she is carrying a child, I'm just worried she will receive too much stimulation."

"Also, Soobin is ready for the kidney transplant. Previously, Y/N was the only one that was a perfect match. After your scolding, would she still be willing to donate her kidney to our Brother?"

Jungkook was startled, he had almost forgotten about this. The Jeon family had 3 children: the oldest was Rosé who was a famous top-tier manager. 3 years ago she was scouted by an international company and had been living in America ever since. Jungkook was the second oldest and was introduced into the entertainment industry by his sister. The youngest was Soobin, because of a bad kidney plus young age, Soobin was often at the hospital for treatment.

"Noona, no matter what happens between Y/N and I, since she has promised to save Soobin, I will not give her a chance to change her mind."

Rosé gave two grunts of approval before hanging up the phone. She was both angry and felt helpless towards this brother.

Afterwards, Jungkook instructed his team to release a statement admitting to treating Y/N harshly. The statement also stated they would genuinely try to make amends and will treat her well from now on. They ended with a plea for Y/N and her fans to give GC one more chance.