Chapter 11

On the other hand, Lan SiZhui and the other disciples did not find anything in the area of the ancient tombs and had moved on to search for clues in Goddess Temple.

In Dafan Mountain, aside from the tombs of the Buddha's Feet ancestors, there was also the Goddess Temple. The being of worship was neither Buddha nor Guan Yin, but the statue of a "dancing goddess."

"That statue must be beautiful" A cultivator dreamy said

When the juniors heard this, they wore a horrifying expression, they remembered the creepy statue when it comes to eat their souls

A few hundred years ago, a hunter from Buddha's Feet ventured into the mountains and found an extraordinary stone in a cave. It was around three meters in height, formed naturally, and appeared strangely like a human, with four limbs making a dancing pose. The more peculiar thing was that human features could vaguely be seen on the statue, appearing to be that of a smiling lady.

The inside of the cave was spacious, similar to the size of an erjin temple, with the statue of the goddess set in the center, At first sight, it did indeed look like a human-the maiden's waist could even be considered lithe and graceful. Then again, a naturally formed statue being so similar to an actual human was enough to make most people gasp in awe

Yeah, the cultivators gasp in awe indeed

A thick layer of incense ashes covered the table for offerings, and disordered candles lay on there as well. A sickly sweet scent came from the plates for holding fruits. Most of the people from the Gusulan Sect had some degree of minor mysophobia.

"...."

"Wow"

"Yeah, let's not just comment on that"

(Mysophobia is a type of phobia that centers on an extreme and irrational fear of germs, dirt, or contamination. )

Lan SiZhui spoke. "There have already been seven people who lost their souls. Everyone is saying that lightning has let out a fierce creature from the ancient graves of Buddha's Feet, so would anybody dare to come up the mountain? There is no attendance at the temple and so, naturally. there is nobody to clean the place."

A disdainful voice came from outside of the cave, "It's only a stupid rock, given the title of a goddess by who knows who, and people dare to put it here, accepting incense and worship"

Jin Ling came inside, with his hands crossed behind his back.

Lan Jingyi smirks "The little peacock sure has grown"

"Shut up!"

The time limit for the silence spell was not long, so his mouth could already open. However, nothing nice came out of that mouth of his, as he looked at the goddess statue and humphed, "These rural villagers don't work hard when they face difficulties, but instead pray to the Buddha and other things every day. There are thousands and millions of people in the world, but gods and Buddhas are already hands-full with their own matters, so who would care about them? Let alone a powerless goddess without status, like this one. If it's really that effective, then I'm gonna pray for the soul-consuming creature in Dafan Mountain to appear in front of me right now. Can the statue do it?"

"I agree, nothing nice came out of that mouth of this kid "

"Couldn't agree more"

Jiang Cheng shouted "JIN RULAN!!!"

"I-I-I didn't know that the s-statue would..." Jin Ling really wants to dig a hole and hide from his uncle who looks like he will Qi deviate any minute from now