Date

Jane and Maura followed the wait. Maura had to say that Jane was the perfect date. She had arrived on time with flowers. She held the door and kept a protective arm on Maura's lower back. Maura couldn't help but compare her to Ian. He was never like this. Even when they began dating.

"Sorry I couldn't take you to a nice place. Although, the food here is amazing."

"Jane it's fine. Honestly this is the best date I've been on."

"Well, it's only the beginning."
**************
Together the two of them sat and talked about life before ending up here. Jane gave little details. Like she was a detective in Boston. It was nice. Maura told Jane of her travels and how she became a plastic surgeon.

"What drew you to plastic surgery?" Jane asked.

"My mother is an artist. All my life I wanted to do art but I've got zero talent. So, I became a surgeon to create art on the human body. I know it may sound like a God complex, but I love my job. Or I did."

Jane noticed the sadness in Maura's tone.

"Where were you headed?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to get away. Find myself."

"I hope you do. You're a beautiful woman. You deserve to find some happiness in this dark world."
************
As their night came to an end Maura invited Jane in for a drink.

"Do you wish to go back to Boston?"

"No. I like here. It's peaceful."

"Do you miss your family?"

'Yes. More than I care to say.' "Sometimes. I try not to think about it too much."

Maura joined Jane on the couch. "You're sweet."

"Thank you. If this is too soon I can go."

Maura leaned in. Jane could feel the heat from her body. "Why?"

"You just met me."

"And, yet, I know you want me."

"Maura-"

"Jane, it doesn't have to be more. Think of it as two people just wanting to find some comfort. You from whatever you're hiding and me."

"What are you hiding?"

"An ex boyfriend. Who, not in the six years we were together, could make me feel what you have in a matter of hours."

Maura moved to straddle Jane. "Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't."
****************
Ok so I know this is short but the next chapter is sexy time and I want to try and get as much detail as I can. It'll be a surprise update. Today, tomorrow, next month...who knows. Just wait and please be patient with me.
Much love
-M