Lucky

Jane made her way to her shop. Fixing cars. It was never her dream job but she was good at it. Some say great. Jane never really accepted that title. She wasn't great, not by along shot.

Jane walked in to the build. Her mind soaking up the smell of oil and rubber. Waiting in her office were the two guys she trusted most. "Sup boys."

"Same stuff new day." Jackson said. He was young. Had just graduated high school and came highly recommended by his former work shop teacher.

"Kid you're all of 18. What do you know about life." Miller said. He was older than Jane and Jackson. His skills came with his work in the military.

"Ok you two. We have work to do. Let's get to it."

_______________________

Maura sped throught the interstate. She knew it was too good to be true. 'How could you be so foolish? To think he really loved you. What a simpleton you were Maura.'

Her thoughts ran her mind. She didn't notice that her car was slowly running out of gas. The light having come on a few miles back. The car began to slow.

"Great. Just what I need right now. To get stuck in the middle of nowhere."

As if her luck could get any worse a state trooper pulled over behind her.

"Hi ma'am. Everything alright?"

"Alright? Not even close. My car started smoking and now I have no gas. Yeah, alright is not the word."

"If you want there's a town about three miles down. I can call JC for you. Pretty sure that they can fix your car."

"Thanks but I have triple A."

"I don't know if you'll get service. Pretty deserted area her ma'am."

Maura tried her cell anyway. No way was she letting some small town, back wood mechanic work on her Benz. She dial the number looking as the officer held a small smirk to his face. "Shoot!" She mumbled under her breath. "I guess JC will have to do."

"I'll call right over. JC how you doing? Yeah I'm great. No. Look there's a lady, blond. She's stuck bout three miles up the road. 20 minutes? Sure that's fine."

"JC, I don't judge often but that's a simple name. He must be a boring guy."

The officer smiled at Maura's sly remark. "Yeah he's a really boring guy."

Maura missed the emphasis the trooper put on he's. If she only knew.

____________________

After getting to her office, Jane got a call from the state troop about a break down three miles up the road. She got in the tow truck and headed to the mile marker the trooper said they were located.

Most people in town knew her as JC. It was a new identity of sorts without all the trouble, legally anyway. Even her shop, JC's Auto Shop, something the town's people came up with, showed her new identity. To her and everyone else, Jane Rizzoli was gone. Long gone. Though her scars remained.

________________________

Maura watched as the tow truck pulled in front of her car. It backed up and stopped with enough room for the car to be loaded.

Maura, expecting a fat balding man, was surprised by the sight before her. A tall, olive skinned, dark haired beauty hopped down from the truck. 'She could be a model.'

Maura watched as the lanky woman made her way over. She noticed the contours of the woman's face. The long dark hair being pulled into a somewhat manageable ponytail. She noted the dimples present even when the woman wasn't smiling. Added to the fact she was five inches or so taller than Maura, this was Maura's dream partner. Physically anyway.

'Thrres no telling how these county women act. Might be like your ex. Maura don't do it!'

"Ma'am?"

Maura was so caught up in checking out Jane she didn't notice the woman's greeting. Shaking her head, trying to gain control over her thoughts, Maura smiled politely. "Hello. You must work for JC. I kind of thought he'd be a larger man. Bald or almost there." Maura chuckled nervously.

"Well, JC is pretty tough. Although, I'm sure to a beautiful woman like you Mrs.-"

"Miss. Isles. Call me me Maura."

"Well Maura, I'm Jane. Also known as JC to the town folk."

Maura felt the blood rush to her face. Embarrassed was not the term to use. She looked up at Jane.

"Sorry, I...I was expecting a fat, balding man."

"It's fine. I wasn't expecting such a beautiful woman."

Maura noticed Jane's dimples even more. 'This woman is like a Greek goddess. An Amazonian with raven hair and soulful eyes.'

"Well Maura, I can give you a ride into town. It'll take me some time to see just what it is that happened to your car."

"That's fine. I am in no rush."

Jane smiled again. Her cheeks burned from it. She hadn't smiled in so long the muscles felt foreign. This woman, Maura, was something. 'Rizzoli don't do it. Don't get soft. One night stand that's it. If that even happens.'

After loading the car on the flatbed,Jane opened the door to the truck for Maura helping her step in. Walking g to the driver side they set off.

_________________________

Well hope you guys like it. Idk why it's taking me so long. Just laziness. Anyway...

Enjoy

Much love

-M