One

A week had passed since Maura had slept with Jane. The doctor found that she liked the small town. She had everything and more. Jane had showed her a life she had long forgotten. She wanted this life.

"Hello."

"Maura, babe, where are you? Your mother's worried and the wedding planning still isn't done."

Maura felt her anger rising. She was not going to marry him. For him to even think that after she caught him. 'He must be insane' Maura thought.

"Ian, there is no wedding. Do not worry of my mother. I will tell her. Goodbye."

Maura hung up before he could try to sneak his way in. The silver tongue, no longer affecting her. She was just shutting the door when she felt lanky yet muscular arms wrap around her.

"Hello Doctor." A voice, husky and smooth, whistled in her ear.

"Jane, what are you doing here."

"Well, I was coming to say my farewell. You leave today, right?"

Maura had completely forgotten. Jane had finished her car a day ago and she was set to leave that Friday.

"I am."

Maura turned in her arms.

"Well, Doctor Isles, let's get you going."
*************
Jane helped Maura gathered her things. There was something nagging at her.

"Hey, Maura. Are you ok?"

Maura took a deep breath to steady her nerves. "I don't want to go."

"What?"

"I don't want to go." Maura said louder. She felt that this was her place. She felt safe here. Jane was here.

"What about your family? What about, I don't know, your job?"

"Jane, I have never done anything that I've wanted. I love it here. Even more so with you. I feel things. Things that I've never felt before. You've opened me up. Made me...happy."

Jane stood speechless as Maura went on.

"I know we've only just gotten to know each other but you are the first person to care. You care about me Jane."

"Maura, I'm not- I'm not somebody's happy ending. I don't want you throwing away your life for me."

"I'm not. See this is what I mean. You show so much compassion that even if I'm making the choice, you choose to find what everyone else thinks is better. I don't want that anymore. I want you. Jane C. Rizzoli.

Jane sat for a minute. Maura's words mulling over in her head. 'She wants you. Flaws and all. Say something idiot.'

"Clementine."

"What?"

"The C is for Clementine."

Jane's words were cut off by the soft lips of the doctor. The world was ok in that moment. Sure she didn't have Boston, but she had Maura. The doctor who stole her heart.
**************
One more(epilogue) and then I'm done. Sorry it took so long. Life man. So isn't fair.
Much love
-M