Chapter 4

A/N: back at it again with the room layouts. There's another one at the end for a different room so don't you worry.

~~~

The rest of our ride was silent, and I kept my head down as we entered the vampire's castle, enough to where my hair covered the sides of my face.

I wanted to stay unnoticed, unrecognizable. So that when I did make my escape, no one would have a reason to identify me as anything other than a human that accidentally wandered too far into the castle.

A rare occurrence here. Only a few humans would dare to walk in here to request a meeting with our lord, and just like me, they'd walk out of here and back to where they came.

Finding the exit couldn't be too hard once I reached the main floor. If anything just follow the vampiric traffic heading out of here.

The room I was being taken to was my biggest worry so far. Whatever was waiting for me there to keep me contained.

More chains, cages, something worse I can't even imagine? Escaping that was going to be a challenge, but one I was more than willing to partake in.

I had to be very careful about this. Escaping a vampire couldn't be easy, and I wanted to take my time planning for something foolproof.

At the same time, I wanted to make this endeavor as a pet as short as possible. To hurry and get back to my life before it all went to shit.

It was a bad mix, but one I was just going to have to deal with.

I stole a glance up at the vampire in front of me after noticing that he'd stopped.

He'd put his hood back up before retrieving the chain and taking me out of the limo.

If I'd dyed my hair that color I'd probably try to hide it too.

I didn't even know why we'd stopped. He'd just turned into a weird dead end with no one else around and was now just staring at the wall-

The wall opened. Two doors that blended in scarily well opened to the sides, exposing something familiar.

This was an elevator.

A weird tucked-away one but... Whatever

It was nicely carpeted and smelled oddly nice. Subtle hints of jasmine and honey.

The walls were lined with royal blue velvet, and the hand rails against the walls were completely spotless and showed off a gold that wasn't too overbearing or gaudy in color.

I don't know why I was expecting some shithole. I was probably just associating it with the kind of horrid creatures that lived here.

We stepped in, and I headed as far back as the chain would allow.

I couldn't see what he did to the button panel, but it was more than just hitting one of them, that's for sure.

I was hoping to at least know which floor we were going to, but I guess that didn't matter.

All I needed to know was where the ground floor was.

Given the amount of time it took between when the door opened again, it had to have been one of the highest floors available.

I kept my eyes peeled, looking past him as the doors opened, needing to make sure I knew where this elevator was later.

The lights on the floor we stepped into were dimmed, and at first glance, I couldn't see anyone else around.

It was quiet, unnervingly so.

I tried to take in as much as I could in the absence of anyone else, for the time being.