Chapter 1 Part 3: The Caged Child

Y/N's POV:

We waited for Kiyo for a few minutes to draw the circle. I don't know what that means. Finally he called us in the room.

There was a giant circle drawn on the ground that covered most of the floor.
Y/N: You drew this in a few minutes?
Kiyo: Yeah. It's easy for me. But before we start let me give you some warnings.

Y/N: Huh?
Kiyo: Please don't step on the circle or the lines. If you damage them the ritual won't work. It is drawn with purifying salt, so it can be damaged easily.
Y/N: I-I see.

Kiyo: Before we start, I need everyone to memorize these lyrics. It's for the ritual to work.
Y/N: Okay.
Kiyo: Actually Y/N you won't need to, since you're spiritual medium.
I nodded and just stood there as everyone was reading the lyrics.

After some minutes everyone learned the lyrics and gave the letters with the lyrics to Kiyo.
Kiyo: Now, I would like the spiritual medium to sit within the center of the circle. Please try not to disturb the magic circle while walking to the center of it.
Y/N: Okay.

I then walked to the center of the circle.
Kiyo: Now you must as a turtle within that circle. Please rest your forehead upon this stone marker I've placed here.
I then did as he said and sat as a turtle within the center of the circle with my forehead upon the stone.

Kiyo: It may be uncomfortable, but no matter what don't raise your head or change positions.

Shuichi's POV:

Kiyo then turned to us.
Kiyo: Now let us proceed. There are still many things we have to do. First we must place this iron cage upon Y/N. I'll leave that to Shuichi and Kokichi. And please do not step on the magic circle while doing it.

Kokichi: O~kay! You can count on me!
Me and Kokichi then lifted the cage and started heading towards Y/N.

Kokichi: It's really heavy!
Shuichi: Of course it's made of iron.
After a few more struggles we put the cage on Y/N.

Kokichi: Phew! It's done. So next you want me to cover the basket with that white cloth, right?
Kiyo: I shall take that role.
He then put the white cloth on.
Kiyo: Okay, everything is prepared. How are you doing Y/N?
Y/N: I'm fine don't worry.

Kiyo: The final step is to place wooden statue of the Dog God atop the cage. The six of us may need to do this together, the statue is quiet heavy.

As the six of us lifted it, we all realized how heavy it was.
Himiko: Nyeeeh! Nyeeeeh!
Shuichi: Even with six of us, it's still heavy.
Kokichi: It probably weights a ton.
Kiyo: Not really. It is not much more than 175 pounds.

Angie: It's still heavy, but Atua is giving us strength!
Tenko: Yeah this is nothing for me, but are you okay Himiko?!
Himiko: I think I can make it.
Then we finally put it atop the cage.

Kokichi: Phew I'm totally wiped.
Himiko: I could use magic to lift it, but magic and rituals don't go well together.
Tenko: Not that I care about him, but is it okay to let such a heavy thing atop the cage.
Kiyo: Don't worry the cage was made especially for the ritual so it can hold weight.
Angie: It's fine then!

Kiyo: Now let's walk out, but please don't disturb the circle.
We then walked out of the circle.
Kiyo: From this point on Y/N you mustn't speak. The next time you open your mouth, it'll be Rantaro speaking.
Y/N: Understood, I will not say a word until the ritual is over.