Chapter 2 Part 5: It Happened Again

Shuichi's POV:

Kokichi: Gonta and Kaito are gonna check the mansion's surroundings and rooftop. I'll go to the salon. So can the little mage, Himiko and Shuichi, go search the dinning hall and kitchen?

Gonta: Gonta go now.
Himiko: Be careful out there. It's suuuuuuper cold!
Gonta: Thank you... but Gonta okay. Gonta not smart enough to get sick.
Kaito: Someone who isn't smart enough wouldn't want to save everyone. They'd only think of themselves.

Gonta: Oh... Thank you.
Kokichi: Okaaaay, let's stop the fun chit-chat and go back to looking for the secret of the outside world. But we don't know what's waiting for us so we gotta be veeeery careful, okay?

Kokichi then left to the salon.
Shuichi: Alright, we'll start searching too.
Himiko: Yeah... I want to hurry and find the secret of the outside world so we can go back. I want to go back to my real body. These bodies are annoying!

Kaito: Well... These avatars aren't that bad, y'know?
Shuichi: Huh? These avatars?
Kaito: Just kidding! It's just a joke! I'm just joking! I'm gonna check on the rooftop! You guys better not slack off!
Then Kaito went to the rooftop.

Gonta: Gonta go now, too.
Gonta then left the mansion to check the surroundings.
Himiko: Shuichi, we should go too.
Shuichi: Yeah, let's go.
We then entered the dinning hall.

Himiko: So, I'll check the dinning room. You check the kitchen, Shuichi.
Shuichi: Alright, the kitchen is over here. Tell me if you see anything weird.
Himiko: Okay.
I then went in the kitchen.

I know we're supposed to be searching for the secret of the outside world. But *what* is it? An object? Something else entirely?
Shuichi: I suppose I should search everywhere, look for anything suspicious.
I searched every nook and cranny in the kitchen, but...

Shuichi: *sigh*... I looked everywhere, but I didn't find anything suspicious. Perhaps I missed something. I'll look one more ti-
Himiko: Nyeeeh! Shuichi! Shuichi, come here!
Shuichi: Huh!? What's wrong!?
I rushed to the dinning room.

Shuichi: Himiko!
Himiko: W-Well... you said to call you if I saw anything suspicious...
Shuichi: W-What did you see?
Himiko: I-I think I saw Miu.
Shuichi: Miu!? Isn't she supposed to be in the chapel!?
Himiko: That's why I called you. Let's go and look outside!
Shuichi: Okay!

We then ran out of the dinning room.
Shuichi: Let's go to the courtyard. We can ask Gonta if he saw anything.
Himiko: Okay. Let's go the-
Keebo: H-Huh!?
Shuichi: What!?
Himiko: Nyeeeeh! That was Keebo's voice, right!? I think I heard him outside! He sounded close! You hear him too, right!?
Shuichi: Y-Yeah. But Keebo should be in the chapel, why...?

Himiko: I-I don't know let's just go outside and see for ourselves!
Shuichi: R-Right!
We then went out of the mansion.
Gonta wasn't there.
Himiko: Nyeeeeh!? Isn't Gonta supposed to be out here!?
Shuichi: Y-Yeah. Where is he!?

Himiko: I don't see Miu or Keebo either!
Shuichi: Y-Yeah.
Himiko: W-What should we do?
Shuichi: Let's go call Kokichi and Kaito.
Himiko: O-Okay! I'll call Kaito, you deal with Kokichi.
Shuichi: Sure.

I walked in the salon, but no one was there.
Shuichi: Huh!? Kokichi isn't here either!? I'll go to the rooftop and see if Kaito's there.
I then ran to the rooftop.
The only one there was Himiko.
Shuichi: Himiko? Kaito isn't here?
Himiko: N-No! What about Kokichi!?