Epilogue

Nine months later, your daughter is born. Lee Violet. A simple way to honor her father. As she grows older, you tell her about the things others may know: he was loving, caring, loved his garden, and drag raced like it was in his blood. The speed. The thrill.

You also told her about the things no one must ever know: he could fly like an eagle, he killed giants. Although awkward and unsure in love, he was passionate and devoted. He didn't have a toxic bone in his body: he was too self-aware and emotionally intelligent for that. He knew not to shift the blame on those he loved when in a fit of anger.

He was the most caring of all, despite, or maybe because of his past. Yes, because of his past. You're sure of it. He knows suffering all too well. He loved his mother very much. Therefore, his respect of all women was considerable. It caused him to look at himself and see how much harder he was with male cadets. It tempered him.

He was never about toxic control. He always encouraged everyone to think for themselves. Think with no regrets. Never begrudged anyone their choices. The stereotypes of his birth and circumstances rolled off him like water, never rusting his self-imposed armor. All he ever wanted was freedom, for himself and others, and to be treated with dignity.

Most of all, he was a father figure to many. He is a father figure to you, Lee Violet.

Love to you all,

Obsidian Ghost1

A/N: Bonus chapters in the works